Letters of Rec Deadlines

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
smscat

Letters of Rec Deadlines

Postby smscat » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:09 pm

My university is sending out a dean's letter, and it needs the deadlines for all letters of rec or dean's letter. Where do I find this info? I have scanned all the applications and nothing jumped out at me. Also, how do I know which ones have a separate dean's form? I tried appreqs.com, and I thought none of my schools required a dean's certification/letter (are those the same thing?), but it says Yale requires nothing and then there's a post here saying it does....very confused please help~

mst

Re: Letters of Rec Deadlines

Postby mst » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:25 pm

None of my applications request it to my knowledge. I think HYS or at least one of them might. Either way, the deadline they state will be much later than when you should ideally turn them in if necessary. Just write the soonest date possible that they could have it done on the form (ie October 15th or 30th if it is a real, hand written letter) and move on.

smscat

Postby smscat » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:30 pm

Thank you - so I should just put the deadline of when I am planning on applying? And should I send it to all schools for good measure or just Yale (the only one im applying to that mentions a dean's cert which I assume is the same as a dean's letter)

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:33 pm

Just put down when you'd like to submit apps.

mst

Postby mst » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:56 pm

And don't send it to the schools that don't request it. Extra documents are annoying.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”