Mentioning other schools in an application? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
environmentallaw

New

Mentioning other schools in an application?

Post by environmentallaw » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:12 am

Is there any strategic way to answer: "To what other law schools have you or do you intend to apply?"

I am planning to apply to 12-15 schools. Should I list all of them? Only the T-14 ones?

Thoughts would be appreciated!

ArchRoark

Silver

Re: Mentioning other schools in an application?

Post by ArchRoark » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:13 am

I just list schools in the same region/range as the target school. Then again, I applied to WAY more schools then I probably should of and may just throw an ED app to UVA and have all that cash go to waste. 8)

ComatoseClown

Bronze

Post by ComatoseClown » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:42 am

Totally unrelated, but:
"To what other law schools have you or do you intend to apply?"
Isn't that a typo on their part? "have you.....apply" isn't grammatically correct. Is that quote verbatim from a law school's application?

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:44 am

i listed schools on the lower end to try to prevent YP

environmentallaw

New

Post by environmentallaw » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:46 am

ComatoseClown wrote:Totally unrelated, but:
Isn't that a typo on their part? "have you.....apply" isn't grammatically correct. Is that quote verbatim from a law school's application?

Yes it is. University of Colorado. I thought it sounded funny as well...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ComatoseClown

Bronze

Post by ComatoseClown » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:55 am

lol:

If U of Colorado law school cannot even phrase a question correctly on a VERY IMPORTANT document, to me this raises red flags about the quality of its law school and especially its administration. If it were me, as soon as I encountered that typo I would throw that application away and be done with them forever. I don't mean to sound like a bitch, but that's almost infuriating how these schools expect so much out of us students/applicants and yet cannot even take proper care on their own part.

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:59 am

ComatoseClown wrote:lol:

If U of Colorado law school cannot even phrase a question correctly on a VERY IMPORTANT document, to me this raises red flags about the quality of its law school and especially its administration. If it were me, as soon as I encountered that typo I would throw that application away and be done with them forever. I don't mean to sound like a bitch, but that's almost infuriating how these schools expect so much out of us students/applicants and yet cannot even take proper care on their own part.
jesus get over yourself

ArchRoark

Silver

Post by ArchRoark » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:29 am

IAFG wrote:

If U of Colorado law school cannot even phrase a question correctly on a VERY IMPORTANT document, to me this raises red flags about the quality of its law school and especially its administration. If it were me, as soon as I encountered that typo I would throw that application away and be done with them forever.I don't mean to sound like a bitch, but that's almost infuriating how these schools expect so much out of us students/applicants and yet cannot even take proper care on their own part.
jesus get over yourself
TITCR

mst

Silver

Post by mst » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:32 am

IAFG wrote:

jesus get over yourself
+1. And they don't expect a lot of you. Are you kidding? They ask you to write a 2 page essay on ANY TOPIC of your choice, a copy of grades you would have earned otherwise, a copy of a resume you would have prepared otherwise, and your score on a test that doesn't test anything you actually have to study. And as for expectations as a student: You're not a student yet so they don't owe you a thing in that regard.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

AreJay711

Gold

Post by AreJay711 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:54 am

Whats grammatically incorrect about that? It's two questions: "To what schools have you applied" and also "To what schools do you intend to apply". The conjugation of "to apply" just matches the one immediately before it. A little awkward, but correct.

Platinum

Post by 2014 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:54 am

AreJay711 wrote:
Whats grammatically incorrect about that? It's two questions: "To what schools have you applied" and also "To what schools do you intend to apply". The conjugation of "to apply" just matches the one immediately before it. A little awkward, but correct.
They never say "applied" even though it's obvious they meant it.
As it is written it can be read the same as:
"To what other schools have you apply" and "To what other law schools do you intend to apply" if you split it on the or and throw on the ending.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”