Re-applying with same essay - thoughts?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
GentlemanJim
Posts: 233
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:59 pm

Re-applying with same essay - thoughts?

Postby GentlemanJim » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:05 am

So last cycle I applied to Gtown literally in March. My application was delayed due to my LSAT administration, which itself was delayed due to the raging February snowstorms. All said and done, I was probably among the last few people to get an application in. I did not get in, unsurprisingly, and I would like to think it was overwhelmingly due to timing.

SO - reapplying now (to 14 schools, Gtown being the only repeat) and my question is this. Is it really important that I write a new essay, or does TLS think it would be okay to use the same one as last time? I should add that I think my essay is really good, as does everyone that reads it.

Thoughts?

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Re-applying with same essay - thoughts?

Postby Knock » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:05 am

GentlemanJim wrote:So last cycle I applied to Gtown literally in March. My application was delayed due to my LSAT administration, which itself was delayed due to the raging February snowstorms. All said and done, I was probably among the last few people to get an application in. I did not get in, unsurprisingly, and I would like to think it was overwhelmingly due to timing.

SO - reapplying now (to 14 schools, Gtown being the only repeat) and my question is this. Is it really important that I write a new essay, or does TLS think it would be okay to use the same one as last time? I should add that I think my essay is really good, as does everyone that reads it.

Thoughts?


Use it.

vsl89
Posts: 135
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:49 am

Re: Re-applying with same essay - thoughts?

Postby vsl89 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:07 am

Knockglock wrote:
GentlemanJim wrote:So last cycle I applied to Gtown literally in March. My application was delayed due to my LSAT administration, which itself was delayed due to the raging February snowstorms. All said and done, I was probably among the last few people to get an application in. I did not get in, unsurprisingly, and I would like to think it was overwhelmingly due to timing.

SO - reapplying now (to 14 schools, Gtown being the only repeat) and my question is this. Is it really important that I write a new essay, or does TLS think it would be okay to use the same one as last time? I should add that I think my essay is really good, as does everyone that reads it.

Thoughts?


Use it.


+ 1. Just be careful of any temporal phrases (i.e. "last year") that may need to be modified. Otherwise, go for it.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Re-applying with same essay - thoughts?

Postby Knock » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:09 am

vsl89 wrote:
Knockglock wrote:
GentlemanJim wrote:So last cycle I applied to Gtown literally in March. My application was delayed due to my LSAT administration, which itself was delayed due to the raging February snowstorms. All said and done, I was probably among the last few people to get an application in. I did not get in, unsurprisingly, and I would like to think it was overwhelmingly due to timing.

SO - reapplying now (to 14 schools, Gtown being the only repeat) and my question is this. Is it really important that I write a new essay, or does TLS think it would be okay to use the same one as last time? I should add that I think my essay is really good, as does everyone that reads it.

Thoughts?


Use it.


+ 1. Just be careful of any temporal phrases (i.e. "last year") that may need to be modified. Otherwise, go for it.


+1. Good qualification of my answer :P.

GentlemanJim
Posts: 233
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:59 pm

Re: Re-applying with same essay - thoughts?

Postby GentlemanJim » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:17 am

Thanks for the quick responses.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], inyoureyes89 and 3 guests