Re-applying with same essay - thoughts? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
GentlemanJim

Bronze

Re-applying with same essay - thoughts?

Post by GentlemanJim » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:05 am

So last cycle I applied to Gtown literally in March. My application was delayed due to my LSAT administration, which itself was delayed due to the raging February snowstorms. All said and done, I was probably among the last few people to get an application in. I did not get in, unsurprisingly, and I would like to think it was overwhelmingly due to timing.

SO - reapplying now (to 14 schools, Gtown being the only repeat) and my question is this. Is it really important that I write a new essay, or does TLS think it would be okay to use the same one as last time? I should add that I think my essay is really good, as does everyone that reads it.

Thoughts?

Knock

Platinum

Re: Re-applying with same essay - thoughts?

Post by Knock » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:05 am

GentlemanJim wrote:So last cycle I applied to Gtown literally in March. My application was delayed due to my LSAT administration, which itself was delayed due to the raging February snowstorms. All said and done, I was probably among the last few people to get an application in. I did not get in, unsurprisingly, and I would like to think it was overwhelmingly due to timing.

SO - reapplying now (to 14 schools, Gtown being the only repeat) and my question is this. Is it really important that I write a new essay, or does TLS think it would be okay to use the same one as last time? I should add that I think my essay is really good, as does everyone that reads it.

Thoughts?
Use it.

vsl89

Bronze

Post by vsl89 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:07 am

Knockglock wrote:
GentlemanJim wrote:So last cycle I applied to Gtown literally in March. My application was delayed due to my LSAT administration, which itself was delayed due to the raging February snowstorms. All said and done, I was probably among the last few people to get an application in. I did not get in, unsurprisingly, and I would like to think it was overwhelmingly due to timing.

Thoughts?
Use it.
+ 1. Just be careful of any temporal phrases (i.e. "last year") that may need to be modified. Otherwise, go for it.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:09 am

vsl89 wrote:
Knockglock wrote:

Thoughts?
Use it.
+ 1. Just be careful of any temporal phrases (i.e. "last year") that may need to be modified. Otherwise, go for it.
+1. Good qualification of my answer :P.

GentlemanJim

Bronze

Post by GentlemanJim » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:17 am

Thanks for the quick responses.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”