(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Postby Dukehopeful2 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:04 am

I had the sheriffs department come out to my house to serve a warrant for trespassing in a county I have never been in. The warrant was meant for someone with my same name spelled differently who was much older. I was never arrested or "officially" cited in anyway, the warrant was never served, my family has ties to the sheriffs department. My family also has a friend who is in the FBI who had the county "recall" the warrant. The guy refiled the charges against the older man with my name and dropped my charges before any warrant or "citation" had been served. So technically I never knew about it. My friend in the FBI says there is no way any school or local government would ever be able to see any of this on my record, he said only if I tried to get a security clearance for the DOD would it come up. Should I disclose this?

Re: disclosure

Postby tootrue » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:42 pm

If the sheriff's department came to your house to serve a warrant on someone else, would you disclose it? This is what happened to you.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”