Minor traffic violation...kind of

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Minor traffic violation...kind of

Postby soupisgood » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:00 am

So... in January I got a ticket for biking across a crosswalk. I gave the police officer all my info but didn't get anything in the mail for months. When I went to the courthouse in May and asked about the ticket (even checking if my name/ticket was in the courthouse database) I was told that there was no record of the ticket, and that there's really nothing I can do until the thing shows up online. I have yet to receive any document from the courthouse/LAPD, and I continue to check the online ticket pay system every month, but it still says that no record of the ticket exists.

My question:
Is this something that I should disclose to law schools? If so, under what section? "Minor traffic violations"? Call me paranoid, but I'm concerned that maybe by some freak accident the online database isn't showing my ticket when in reality, I haven't paid a fine for 9 months. :? I'd go down to the courthouse again if I weren't out of the country for another year.

Re: Minor traffic violation...kind of

Postby nealric » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:19 am

If there is a section for minor traffic violations, put it there. None of the schools I applied for asked for anything other than felonies. It's not going to have any effect on your law school admissions.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”