will law schools review my app before its complete?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
sandaltan

will law schools review my app before its complete?

Postby sandaltan » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:02 pm

everythings done except a my 2 letters of rec, which im still waiting for lsac to receive. will schools review my application before the letters arrive, or is there any point in submitting my apps with my letters still pending?

or should i wait for a complete file to send my apps?

northwood

Re: will law schools review my app before its complete?

Postby northwood » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:04 pm

they wont review it until its complete.

sunkissedesq

Postby sunkissedesq » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:09 pm

Send them in. Schools say they don't look at the applications until they're complete...but this is not always true. The first school that accepted me actually sent me an e-mail saying my file wasn't complete because of missing LORs and then admitted me before I sent them in (with a note acknowledging this fact).

At the very least, you'll have a better shot of having your application read sooner rather than later if its already in.

Prairie

Postby Prairie » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:39 pm

i took the december lsat last year, but sent the rest of my apps ahead of the score release. i received two offers of admission within 5 days of receiving the december score (schools ranked 25-35). not really sure how the turnaround time could have been that fast without having reviewed my app prior to the lsat score release...

sullidop

Postby sullidop » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:46 pm

Prairie wrote:i took the december lsat last year, but sent the rest of my apps ahead of the score release. i received two offers of admission within 5 days of receiving the december score (schools ranked 25-35). not really sure how the turnaround time could have been that fast without having reviewed my app prior to the lsat score release...

Because they use a formula for admission.

psychlaw

Postby psychlaw » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:48 pm

I plan on doing this ^^^^^^

Although I dont know if it will hurt me because I got a really really bad score the first time I took the LSAT. This will be my second. What do you guys think? BTW the first score was below the 50%

northwood

Postby northwood » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:30 pm

psych. im in the same boat. This is my second rodeo, but the first one that i actually studied for ( the first one i just showed up, and took it not knowing ANYTHING about the test ( what the sections were, what a logic game is, etc). As long as you write an addendum most schools wont care ( although harvard, yale and stanford are absolute dings with a bad first score- and they were dings with my 3.55 gpa. oh well to each their own)

northwood

Postby northwood » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:32 pm

i called the admissions dean at a few of the schools i want to go to and talked to them about the lsat. They all told me that why only care about hte highest score, and if there is a big increase, they want to know why. I explained my situtation to them and they said i would be okay.( if you want to know more pm me and ill explain it to you)

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”