Addendum questions

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Intraining

Addendum questions

Postby Intraining » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:53 pm

First, I'm applying this cycle and while I hear that it is great to get my apps in early, should I and how would I write an addendum waiting for fall grades. Is "Please hold for fall grades" sufficient?

More importantly, my sophomore year I was diagnosed with extreme insomnia which was treated by doctors. I recieved a 2.5 that semester and a 3.0 in the other semester that year. Is this something that should be addressed in an addendum or should I let it go?

Finally, should all addendums be submitted seperate or can I put two on one page?

slapshot01j

Re: Addendum questions

Postby slapshot01j » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:58 pm

Regarding the 2nd question, I can't see a reason why you shouldn't include that, if it explains a significant drop compared with the rest of your work. Extreme insomnia doesn't strike me as the type of thing that raises the "red flag" question (though I think it's an injustice that it is ever a question.) I would tell you to be prepared to document it though.

Also, it's important to write such things in as positive a way as possible. If your grades went back up afterward, point that out and say that you look forward to working hard to excel as a law student or something like that. End it on a high.

I wrote an addendum explaining the disparity btwn my (very high) gpa and (relatively low) lsat, indicating that standardized tests never accurately predict my future performance,) and got into schools in which my LSAT was way on the low-end, and waitlisted to a few where it wasn't even close. (Which I don't think would have happened if I offered no explanation for my LSAT score. My SAT was around the same percentile, yet i graduated high in my undergrad class.)

Just my opinion.

Intraining

Re: Addendum questions

Postby Intraining » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:07 pm

Appreciate the feedback

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”