Sending in admissions before LSAT score release

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:23 am

Sending in admissions before LSAT score release

Postby smoneill88 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:50 pm


So I have taken the LSAT before (June 2010) and am re-taking in a week. My question is, would you recommend sending in my admissions apps before actually receiving my score, or waiting until after? I want my apps in as early as possible, as I know that does come with advantages. I am 100% not taking the LSAT again, and lets assume that I am reliably predicting appx my score (it will be higher than my last one, about a 168-172). My trepidation is that if I send in the apps prior to release of the score, schools will see my older test before even seeing the new one and instantly discredit me. I know most will look at both scores, my worry is that due to me sending in prior to the release, that they might only see my earlier, worse score.

Thank you for the assistance.


Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Sending in admissions before LSAT score release

Postby r6_philly » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:55 pm

Many schools will not look at your app in entirety, they will wait for your Oct. score. If you send now, most schools won't get to your app until after score release anyway. I'd just wait. If you score higher, then obviously you want them to consider your higher score. If you don't and your old score is not good enough, it wouldn't matter when you submit anyway, because before 11/1 is still early.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], minnbills and 26 guests