Font size???

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
osalinas44

Font size???

Postby osalinas44 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:20 am

What if I submitted an application with a font size that is smaller, would this lead to an outright rejection? I researched and saw no minimum font on the schools website only a page limit. However, once I submitted I saw there was additional application instructions that had a font min. So again would this result in them not looking at my application and just outright rejecting it??? Thanks

Bildungsroman

Re: Font size???

Postby Bildungsroman » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:25 am

You mean on the personal statement? Just go by what their instructions tell you to do. Spotting a difference in font size is easy, and why risk it?

osalinas44

Postby osalinas44 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:32 am

Bildungsroman wrote:You mean on the personal statement? Just go by what their instructions tell you to do. Spotting a difference in font size is easy, and why risk it?

Yeah on the personal statement. Too late already submitted and on the website it didn't specify a particular font size

fugitivejammer

Postby fugitivejammer » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:30 pm

just for future reference, for any kind of professional document like this, u shouldn't go lower than 10. 11 is usually a good place to be, and don't go higher than 12 (assuming TNR). If ur within this range, but its diff from what the instructions say, i'm sure u'll b ok.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:33 pm

only a handful of schools dictate font size, so I would follow the instructions on those. However they don't dictate font, which renders the requirement moot because you can find/use fronts that are are narrower and have less lead spacing etc...

Anecdotal: I used a computer with a foreign OS and foreign word processor to prepare my apps last year and all my statements came out in A4 paper size. I received acceptances, waitlists, and rejections. I don't know if the papersize played any role in it because A4 holds more words than US Letter. The office assistants must hated me because normal printers wouldn't print A4 on letter size paper (that's how I found out this year when I tried to print my statements from last year).

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”