Latest to Register for December LSAT

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
neonx

Latest to Register for December LSAT

Postby neonx » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:32 pm

So, I'm taking the October LSAT. Scores will probably arrive back on October 29-30. I plan on submitting my first batch of application that very day.

However, if I were to re-take the December exam, will schools to which I would have sent applications hold off on their decisions until the December exam score is received (mid-January)?

Also -- what is the latest I can register for the Dec. LSAT (if I'm willing to pay for the late fee)?

Thanks.
Last edited by neonx on Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shoop

Re: Latest to Register for December LSAT

Postby shoop » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:57 pm

neonx

Postby neonx » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:23 pm

My question still stands concerning December scores and the admissions process.

acrossthelake answered this in a different thread.

Apparently, the schools won't look at the app if they are aware that there will be a December re-take.

lzyovrachievr

Postby lzyovrachievr » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:30 pm

neonx wrote:My question still stands concerning December scores and the admissions process.

Apparently, the schools won't look at the app if they are aware that there will be a December re-take.

Unless you specifically ask that they consider the application complete without the score.

neonx

Postby neonx » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:32 pm

lzyovrachievr wrote:
neonx wrote:My question still stands concerning December scores and the admissions process.

Unless you specifically ask that they consider the application complete without the score.

Where would you recommend mentioning this?

lzyovrachievr

Postby lzyovrachievr » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:42 pm

neonx wrote:
lzyovrachievr wrote:

Where would you recommend mentioning this?

When I applied to Duke a few weeks ago, I was scheduled for the October LSAT. I sent the admissions office an e-mail with my LSAC number, noting that I had just submitted an application and I would like them to please consider it complete without the October score. They responded that they would continue to review my file, would not wait, and would only consider the new score if it came in while my application was still under review. HTH

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”