Question about preferred LORs...

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
JD=Doctor

Question about preferred LORs...

Postby JD=Doctor » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:26 pm

I went to 2 years of community college and 2 years (currently in my last year) of UCLA

would LSs look down or even realize if i send my LORs from professors (all who have PhDs) who taught me during those 2 years at CC?

would it hurt if they are both from CC professors? WHat about Just 1? (i did spend 2 years there)

kazu

Re: Question about preferred LORs...

Postby kazu » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:28 pm

They won't care. Get the profs that know you the best and will write you the best letters.

dbt

Re: Question about preferred LORs...

Postby dbt » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:28 pm

JD=Doctor wrote:I went to 2 years of community college and 2 years (currently in my last year) of UCLA

would LSs look down or even realize if i send my LORs from professors (all who have PhDs) who taught me during those 2 years at CC?

would it hurt if they are both from CC professors? WHat about Just 1? (i did spend 2 years there)

One of my LORs was from a community college professor (I don't think she had a PhD, just a Masters, but I'm not sure that really matters so much anyways). I think you should have a rec from a professor from each school, both because UCLA professors will probably have more sway, and you want to demonstrate that you were active at UCLA as well (with professors/in class).

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”