LOR - PLEASE HELP!! :)

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
axidgirl1230

LOR - PLEASE HELP!! :)

Postby axidgirl1230 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:07 pm

hi guys, i've asked three people to write my LORs and one of them asked me to write sort of a rough draft of what i'd like so he knows what i'm looking for. to be honest, i really don't know what to write and i need help.

how long is a good LOR? what points should i hit? (the person writing this is someone i work for, but he's not my boss) i don't want to be typical and just write hardworking, blah blah. if anyone has any ideas or knows of any links to websites that have good examples of law school LORs i'd really appreciate the feedback. thank you!! :)

EasternSeaboard

Re: LOR - PLEASE HELP!! :)

Postby EasternSeaboard » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:19 pm

axidgirl1230 wrote:hi guys, i've asked three people to write my LORs and one of them asked me to write sort of a rough draft of what i'd like so he knows what i'm looking for. to be honest, i really don't know what to write and i need help.

how long is a good LOR? what points should i hit? (the person writing this is someone i work for, but he's not my boss) i don't want to be typical and just write hardworking, blah blah. if anyone has any ideas or knows of any links to websites that have good examples of law school LORs i'd really appreciate the feedback. thank you!! :)

He doesn't want to write you one, or you needed to send him specifics of what law school LORs need to include.

Find someone else. Or explain you are not allowed to write it and it just needs to speak to your aptitude, work ethic, writing ability if that was required on your job, and his opinion of why you would be a successful law student. Google "what should be in law school letter of recommendation" or "how to write a law school letter of recommendation" for more.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”