Grad School Fair

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Grad School Fair

Postby 2014 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:34 am

So the grad school i.e. Law School fair at my UG is today and given that literally 90% of the schools that I am applying to are showing up, I feel like I need to at least go and see what is up. The only thing is that I am honestly stripped for questions to ask them at this point because I feel like TLS has provided me with basically every answer I wanted.

So sorry for the stupid question, but does anyone have any suggestions for good questions to ask at these things? Obvious ones that I should already think of but am not are of course appreciated.

Re: Grad School Fair

Postby 2014 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:02 pm

Anyone?

fugitivejammer

Re: Grad School Fair

Postby fugitivejammer » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:38 pm

I went to a similar function near me and pretty much all the law schools i could think of were there. I tried to ask important questions regarding how admissions really worked, what they like/look for, and a bit more specific-type questions about my own w/e and profile, etc but i found it relatively useless. It was kinda cool seein all the admissions officers but they really just gave generic-type responses. :(

i wouldn't do it again, but if i did i'd prolly ask about OCI/employment, future expectations/expansions/projects, is there any mentoring system in place or many events to meet/socialize w/ upperclassmen, some general admissions questions that u prolly already have n mind - what they value, how they weigh aspects of ur app, what they look for in essays, how admissions is decided, how ez it is to get financial aid. u should prolly make a list of the schools u want to visit and do a lil research on them(their programs, clinics, extracurriculur stuff, living situations) and some questios will prolly arise or at least discussion points.

the first thing u should ask is prolly "do u read TLS, and r they pretty much spot on w/ everything?" that might save u some time.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”