Good moral standing section of applications

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
gorockies

Good moral standing section of applications

Postby gorockies » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:24 pm

I was just looking back at my submitted apps, and on two of them, instead of "Have you ever been arrested or convicted of a felony or misdemeanor excluding minor traffic violations?" it actually says "including." So I basically lied by checking "no." I must have been reading too fast because I know that disclosing two minor tickets probably would not harm my chances. Anyways, I need advice on what to do. Both of these schools are safety schools for me, so I would be fine with just letting them go, applying to 2 more safeties, and not having to deal with this when it becomes time to enroll/take the bar etc. However, I'm worried that if I don't contact them and they happen to check my record, they could report me to LSAC and then I would be screwed. I know this panicking might be unwarranted but I just saw this and I'm freaking out. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Pleasye

Re: Good moral standing section of applications

Postby Pleasye » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:28 pm

gorockies wrote:I was just looking back at my submitted apps, and on two of them, instead of "Have you ever been arrested or convicted of a felony or misdemeanor excluding minor traffic violations?" it actually says "including." So I basically lied by checking "no." I must have been reading too fast because I know that disclosing two minor tickets probably would not harm my chances. Anyways, I need advice on what to do. Both of these schools are safety schools for me, so I would be fine with just letting them go, applying to 2 more safeties, and not having to deal with this when it becomes time to enroll/take the bar etc. However, I'm worried that if I don't contact them and they happen to check my record, they could report me to LSAC and then I would be screwed. I know this panicking might be unwarranted but I just saw this and I'm freaking out. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Just email them and say you meant to check "yes" and attached to this email is your short addendum describing your 2 minor traffic violations.

You don't have to "let them go".

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”