Letters of Recommendation - Reapplication

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Fadedjoebreezy

Letters of Recommendation - Reapplication

Postby Fadedjoebreezy » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:23 pm

Reapplying, just wanted some advice. I got accepted into some programs last cycle but for financial reasons decided to put off another year. I plan on rewriting my personal statement to reflect growth and maturation during that time, but had a question about the LOR's. My former professor (I graduated in 2007) and a former Judge (I interned for in 2006, 2007) wrote me letters for the previous cycle. Since that time, nothing has changed except that I have been at my job for a year longer than previous (my current job was not discussed in either letter except for the Judge's who noted that I was presently employed as a paralegal). I should be alright just resubmitting the same letters from them correct? Again, nothing has changed save for the time period I have been at my present employer. Is this acceptable practice?

The other letters (from the attorney's I presently work with/for) I am having them re-write/re-submit to encompass my activities since the last letter (as I have assisted them with different aspects of the litigation we handle/feel I have become more involved with the firm).

Also, does anyone (maybe out of past experience) think schools will look negatively that I put a seat deposit down, but later recanted from attending due to personal reasons (did NOT withdraw). I feel like this may somewhat hurt my application because they might not think I am "serious" or something along those lines. As things stand now, I feel though that I have grown quite a bit since that time, and I plan on building a nice personal statement from the whole experience I have had thus far.

Thoughts?

bk1

Re: Letters of Recommendation - Reapplication

Postby bk1 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:41 pm

Having put down a seat deposit won't hurt you, they won't even know. I wouldnt expect your cycle to be markedly different. Your acceptances will stay the same and your rejects will as well in all likelihood. If I were you I might submit an addendum explaining your personal reasons to schools that already accepted you in case they wonder why you are reapplying after already having been accepted.

Fadedjoebreezy

Re: Letters of Recommendation - Reapplication

Postby Fadedjoebreezy » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:30 pm

Good Call, I was debating an addendum for that reason and I think I will go ahead and put one together. I pretty much expect the acceptances and denials to remain the same (I would be ecstatic if I got into one particular program that I was previous reject at) but would be more than happy with my acceptances.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”