Transcript Question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Sandro

Transcript Question

Postby Sandro » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:47 pm

So I sent my transcripts through my schools website to LSAC. I was left with this sinking feeling there was something else I needed to do (from last year when I was thinking about applying). So apparently I just read the part of LSAC's site that says just send them to XXXX address "Once you register for the Credential Assembly Service (CAS), contact the registrar from each educational institution that you have attended and have your official transcript(s) sent."

Is sending the transcript request form required for them to process my transcripts? Can I send it to LSAC separately? Or do I have to physically go to my school and give them the form and tell them to send it with transcripts?

Spinozist21

Re: Transcript Question

Postby Spinozist21 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:51 pm

Sandro777 wrote:So I sent my transcripts through my schools website to LSAC. I was left with this sinking feeling there was something else I needed to do (from last year when I was thinking about applying). So apparently I just read the part of LSAC's site that says just send them to XXXX address "Once you register for the Credential Assembly Service (CAS), contact the registrar from each educational institution that you have attended and have your official transcript(s) sent."

Is sending the transcript request form required for them to process my transcripts? Can I send it to LSAC separately? Or do I have to physically go to my school and give them the form and tell them to send it with transcripts?

I actually am under the impression that you have to send the other form. Otherwise, how do they know who's transcripts they are? They have thousands of applicants and thus you need to provide your LSAC ACCT # with the transcripts or otherwise they dont know which transcript goes to which person.

Hannibal

Postby Hannibal » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:52 pm

From what I can tell, not sending the form either makes it take a really long time or makes them not process it at all. And it has to be part of the transcript sent directly from the institution.

fatduck

Postby fatduck » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:42 pm

I made the same mistake as you and sent two of my transcripts without the LSAC request form. It took about 3 weeks from the time I made the request with my school for LSAC to process the transcripts, but they did show up.

I sent my third transcript with the LSAC form and it posted in about 3 days.

RTFM

Postby RTFM » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:57 pm

My grad transcript was sent without the form (because the institution is so disorganized), and it showed up about two weeks later. If you have to pay $$$ to get a transcript, I'd say just wait and see if it shows up. If it's free for you to order transcripts, just order another one now just in case.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:36 pm

I paid ten bucks. I cant go complete on any apps until after my Oct 10 LSAT score comes in late October so I guess I ll just let it ride for now. If it doesnt show up by the time I take the LSAT or a week after I will send it in with it to be sure.

Postby 2014 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:35 pm

I sent two without the form and both processed within a week of requesting them from my school, meaning a matter of days at LSAC. I also called them and they said don't worry about it because almost all transcripts have some way to identify you such as last 4 digits of your social.

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:20 pm

There are lots of ways for LSAC to match your transcript to your file, including UG dates of enrollment, major, SSN, etc. All 3 of my transcripts posted promptly without cover sheets.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:45 pm

cool. Thanks.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”