LSAC Forums - Worth the time?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
iamsinistar

LSAC Forums - Worth the time?

Postby iamsinistar » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:04 pm

I registered for the forum in Los Angeles this Saturday, primarily to "flag" my CRS for this current cycle so that I would get some waivers.

I'm considering going, but I already have a pretty good idea of where I want to go to school.

Would I increase my chances at one of my 'Reach' schools by stopping by their table and chatting it up with a rep? Does anyone have any other compelling reasons to go?

Re: LSAC Forums - Worth the time?

Postby 2807 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:14 pm

I am out here too. I got the mailer. They actually want us to drive to the heart of LA, to the Biltmore, on a Friday night at 6pm? For a two hour shmmoze fest? That is ridiculous. It will take longer to drive there than the entire ordeal will last. And I am barley 30 miles away.

I agree with others who say that it is all LSAT and a little GPA, and a few minutes with some low-level admin that got stuck going to the PR nonsense will mean nothing as they review 5000 applicants.

I wish there was hope, as I am an extreme reverse splitter. But my sources say it is not worth the time. Bummer.

Anyone have a better experience than what I am told?

I tend to be a pes-optimist--- > Things really suck...so they can only get better!

trudat15

Postby trudat15 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:38 pm

2807 wrote:I am out here too. I got the mailer. They actually want us to drive to the heart of LA, to the Biltmore, on a Friday night at 6pm? For a two hour shmmoze fest? That is ridiculous. It will take longer to drive there than the entire ordeal will last. And I am barley 30 miles away.

I agree with others who say that it is all LSAT and a little GPA, and a few minutes with some low-level admin that got stuck going to the PR nonsense will mean nothing as they review 5000 applicants.

I wish there was hope, as I am an extreme reverse splitter. But my sources say it is not worth the time. Bummer.

Anyone have a better experience than what I am told?

I tend to be a pes-optimist--- > Things really suck...so they can only get better!

I think you are talking about the West Coast Consortium of Law Schools, which has an event on Friday night at the Biltmore. Those are only West Coast Schools (Loyola, USC, Davis, etc, with UCLA and Berk absent).
The OP was talking about the Law School Forum on Saturday that goes all day (from 10-4pm) at the Biltmore. This is like 100s of schools.

I dont know if it would really be beneficial, because they arent going to remember who you are. Some of the schools send alumni. It's too introduce you to the school and encourage you to apply. Dont think it would benefit you much if you know exactly where you are applying to, but I could open up some ideas of schools you never thought of before. THe only other benefit I can see is that I hear sometimes you can get fee waivers from these fairs, so that will be the only reason I'm going for a few hours.

Postby 2014 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:47 pm

Just go and try and solicit fee waivers from any schools who haven't offered you any yet.

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:11 pm

Yeah, I'm going for a couple of hours to try and obtain a few fee waivers. I keep getting emails about schools that will offer a fee waiver, if you drop by their table.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”