Domestic Student Taking LSAT Abroad Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
maverickd11

New

Domestic Student Taking LSAT Abroad

Post by maverickd11 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:51 pm

Quick question for y'all.

I'll be in Europe for the fall term and am taking the LSAT there in October. Should I include that in the addendum? Does the LSAT Report say where I took it? Does it make a difference? I ask because unlike in the states, my LSAT gets administered at 2PM. (I'm assuming to account for the six-hour difference.) That may or may not affect testing conditions.

Has anyone in a similar position included this detail in the addendum? Or is this just a stupid question? LOL (If anyone wonders why I didn't take it in June... I was also out of the country. And this time not anywhere near a test location... And December is just too late, although def a possibility should anything arise.)

Thanks in advance for any responses.

whymeohgodno

Gold

Re: Domestic Student Taking LSAT Abroad

Post by whymeohgodno » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:55 pm

maverickd11 wrote:Quick question for y'all.

I'll be in Europe for the fall term and am taking the LSAT there in October. Should I include that in the addendum? Does the LSAT Report say where I took it? Does it make a difference? I ask because unlike in the states, my LSAT gets administered at 2PM. (I'm assuming to account for the six-hour difference.) That may or may not affect testing conditions.

Has anyone in a similar position included this detail in the addendum? Or is this just a stupid question? LOL (If anyone wonders why I didn't take it in June... I was also out of the country. And this time not anywhere near a test location... And December is just too late, although def a possibility should anything arise.)

Thanks in advance for any responses.

trudat15

Silver

Post by trudat15 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:43 pm

I'm not sure they are the same tests, or if they are administered in the same day. If they wanted everyone to take it at the same time, LSATs administered in Asia would have to be at like midnight, and the West coast would have to be earlier (or the east coast later).

Dont think an addendum here is necessary either.

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm

1. No addendum. People take the LSAT in different countries all the time (that's why they HAVE it in other countries).

2. I don't know if your report says where you took it but it doesn't make a difference

3. The time you take it at doesn't matter either. It's at 2:00 because that's what time LSAC wants it to be at, schools know this. The June LSAT is at 12:30pm all the other LSAT administrations are 8:30am they don't write addendums. It may or may not affect your testing conditions but it is not something schools need or want to hear about.

Platinum

Post by 2014 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:08 pm

How about you get a score first.
Seriously if you end up with a 180, or even any score higher than you expected, why in the hell would you write an addendum?

This is like someone going into undergrad prepared to write a low GPA addendum without having even taken classes.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”