deleted

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
fatduck

deleted

Postby fatduck » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:38 pm

deleted
Last edited by fatduck on Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

bk1

Re: Quit school but didn't bother to withdraw...addendum?

Postby bk1 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:41 pm

Don't you already have to write an addendum explaining your gap in schooling?

Marionberry

Postby Marionberry » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:41 pm

I think it would be fine if you make it brief. Just a real simple explanation of what happened, so that adcomms aren't left guessing. If the rest of your grades after that are very good, you can point out that your gpa without that semester is more representative of your academic abilities, though I wouldn't devote more than a sentence to that.

DearCan

Postby DearCan » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:42 pm

I would write an addendum. Most applications ask if your undergraduate coursework was ever interrupted, and if so you have to write an explanation anyway. Otherwise you'll just leave the adcomms to their own imaginations as to what happened.

fatduck

Postby fatduck » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:43 pm

DearCan wrote:I would write an addendum. Most applications ask if your undergraduate coursework was ever interrupted, and if so you have to write an explanation anyway. Otherwise you'll just leave the adcomms to their own imaginations as to what happened.

I had forgotten about the "interrupted schooling" question. I will just wrap it into that and try to keep it concise/factual. Thanks for the advice.

uci2013

Postby uci2013 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:19 am

fatduck wrote:
DearCan wrote:I would write an addendum. Most applications ask if your undergraduate coursework was ever interrupted, and if so you have to write an explanation anyway. Otherwise you'll just leave the adcomms to their own imaginations as to what happened.

I had forgotten about the "interrupted schooling" question. I will just wrap it into that and try to keep it concise/factual. Thanks for the advice.

I had a the same thing happen essentially when my dad died and I just didn't withdraw from my classes and ended up with all Fs on my LSAC transcript. I explained it in my educational gap addendum. I don't think that affected my application cycle at all - so I doubt it will affect yours with the large time gap since it occurred

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”