Time to panic?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
cccZillo

Time to panic?

Postby cccZillo » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:57 pm

Ok, well panic may be a strong word, but I need an attention-getter.

The LSAC has gotten one of my letters of rec, and there's now a nice "received" next to it. Good news of course, except that that letter was sent one week AFTER another letter that still hasn't been received.

Should I be concerned, or file this under "these things happen?" If I should be concerned, what could have happened?

Apologies for a very poorly-worded post.

xyzzzzzzzz

Re: Time to panic?

Postby xyzzzzzzzz » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:14 pm

cccZillo wrote:Ok, well panic may be a strong word, but I need an attention-getter.

The LSAC has gotten one of my letters of rec, and there's now a nice "received" next to it. Good news of course, except that that letter was sent one week AFTER another letter that still hasn't been received.

Should I be concerned, or file this under "these things happen?" If I should be concerned, what could have happened?

Apologies for a very poorly-worded post.

If the other letter was mailed, see if your writer will fax it. If it is faxed and lsac thinks it is clear enough it will get processed quickly. Keep in mind lsac can be slow and it takes time for them to update your file. Like, one of my writers told me it was faxed and it took lsac a day or two or update my file saying it was received.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”