Law School Fairs -- worth attending?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Law School Fairs -- worth attending?

Postby SteveIP » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:47 pm

Hi, all. I'm an adult student, long graduated from college, so this forum is really helpful for getting some feedback and info that most of the rest of you might get on campus.

This week, where I live, there are a bunch of law school fairs or forums at various area colleges. (I've already missed one, today.) Apparently dozens of law schools show up, have a table, you can meet an admissions representative.

My schedule is pretty busy, so I'm only inclined to even try to make one later this week if there is some clear benefit. It's not at all clear to me what you can learn from a setting where probably dozens if not hundreds of prospective students show up, and I'd imagine at best you get a couple of minutes to chat with a reprentative from each school.

Still, maybe I'm missing something. Can anyone who has been to one fill me in as to what, if anything, the benefits might be -- knowledge gained, connections made, whatever -- from visiting one of these forums? Or are these largely the waste of time I'm guessing they are?

Re: Law School Fairs -- worth attending?

Postby merichard87 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:53 pm

I've attending two LSAC Law School Forums here in Houston and I don't think there is a huuuuuge benefit in attending law school fairs other than networking with admissions officials if you feel like that will get you admitted into their school. From what I saw there is really nothing there than cannot be gotten off the school's website or a quick email.

Postby whymeohgodno » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:25 pm

Postby CanadianWolf » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:32 pm

Fee waivers if you already have a LSAT score.

Postby am588 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:05 am

I'm planning on going since I'm applying to schools I can't travel out to visit before applying

Postby Spinozist21 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:14 am

Vandy is having a huge one this week and I think I'll take a gander...........Im not going to dress up or really go all out for it...just gonna go see what is out there.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”