Fee Waiver Resource?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
freddie

Fee Waiver Resource?

Postby freddie » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:25 pm

I have received a few fee waivers, and am starting to wonder which schools send out 'merit' based fee waivers. I have perused the many threads on the topic, but it would be helpful to view this information in a consolidated and organized format. Does anyone know of any such resource?

I am particularly interested in whether HYS, Berkeley, and Columbia send out non-need based fee waivers of their own volition, so please share any knowledge on this matter, regardless of the availability of a resource like the one I mention above.

Thanks so much!

haydee

Re: Fee Waiver Resource?

Postby haydee » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:30 pm

freddie wrote:I have received a few fee waivers, and am starting to wonder which schools send out 'merit' based fee waivers. I have perused the many threads on the topic, but it would be helpful to view this information in a consolidated and organized format. Does anyone know of any such resource?

I am particularly interested in whether HYS, Berkeley, and Columbia send out non-need based fee waivers of their own volition, so please share any knowledge on this matter, regardless of the availability of a resource like the one I mention above.

Thanks so much!

If you scroll down a little bit, there's a Fall 2011 applicant Fee Waiver thread, and I think the OP is pretty well organized and informative.

I don't believe HYS send out any merit-based fee waivers, but you can apply for a need-based there. Columbia definitely sends out unsolicited merit-based; many of these were received by e-mail last week. I don't know about Berkeley.

zworykin

Postby zworykin » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:45 pm

Of the top 14 schools, HYS and Berkeley do not award merit-based fee waivers. The other 10 do, and in fact all but Penn have already sent out at least their first wave for this cycle.

St.Remy

Postby St.Remy » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:52 pm

zworykin wrote:Of the top 14 schools, HYS and Berkeley do not award merit-based fee waivers. The other 10 do, and in fact all but Penn have already sent out at least their first wave for this cycle.

Penn has sent out some too.

zworykin

Postby zworykin » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:07 am

St.Remy wrote:
zworykin wrote:Of the top 14 schools, HYS and Berkeley do not award merit-based fee waivers. The other 10 do, and in fact all but Penn have already sent out at least their first wave for this cycle.

Penn has sent out some too.

I stand corrected. All 10 have sent some out, then.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”