Extra classes for GPA boost?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Onnekas

Extra classes for GPA boost?

Postby Onnekas » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:09 am

Hey im at a 3.4 and have 1 quarter left but am wondering if i should take 2 more with 4 classes to boost my gpa and show a stronger upward trend. Do law schools frown upon this/ consider it somewhat less legitimate than graduating sooner?
money and time not issues in decision

digitalcntrl

Re: Extra classes for GPA boost?

Postby digitalcntrl » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:03 am

Onnekas wrote:Hey im at a 3.4 and have 1 quarter left but am wondering if i should take 2 more with 4 classes to boost my gpa and show a stronger upward trend. Do law schools frown upon this/ consider it somewhat less legitimate than graduating sooner?
money and time not issues in decision

Go for it, heck I would delay graduation and saturate the gpa with easy A classes (just remember the gpa only counts if the class is BEFORE your fist bachelors award date). Law schools have little clue of the class requirements required for graduation and most will simply look at your LSDAS GPA and LSAT (some more elite places may look at your major and/or your institution).

Postby 2014 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:27 pm

A lot of people do it, they won't care. Go for it if you can afford the extra quarter(s)

arklogic

Postby arklogic » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:11 am

Make sure you can handle the course load though. You don't want to end up with a B in your grade boosting class.

iahtt

Postby iahtt » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:20 pm

If you're applying this cycle, how do you go about including say this upcoming fall quarter's grades into your application after you already submit it? Is there a form or process you go through, or do you just send your transcript to a school saying "hey look I got some more A's"?

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:22 pm

iahtt wrote:If you're applying this cycle, how do you go about including say this upcoming fall quarter's grades into your application after you already submit it? Is there a form or process you go through, or do you just send your transcript to a school saying "hey look I got some more A's"?

send your updated transcript to LSAC and schools will automatically receive the new grades.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”