Question about ED/Dec LSAT

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
trudat15

Question about ED/Dec LSAT

Postby trudat15 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:42 pm

My GF has numbers right now to potentially maybe get into NW ED (171, 3.19, with 5 years of WE), and wants to do it, but she also wants to retake in Dec to raise her chances at other T14 schools she is applying to (trying to get over the medians and/or the 75th at a lot of schools, since she'll be a splitter) if she were to get rejected or WL.

Can she ED and get her decision even if she has Dec LSAT on her record as to be taken?

im_blue

Re: Question about ED/Dec LSAT

Postby im_blue » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:00 am

She should leave off the December LSAT date on her apps, so she can get an ED decision and still retake.

plenipotentiary

Postby plenipotentiary » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:08 am

im_blue wrote:She should leave off the December LSAT date on her apps, so she can get an ED decision and still retake.

Can she do that? I was under the impression that if you've registered for a future LSAT, law schools can see it, and will generally wait to make a decision on your app until then.

trudat15

Postby trudat15 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:47 am

plenipotentiary wrote:
im_blue wrote:She should leave off the December LSAT date on her apps, so she can get an ED decision and still retake.

Can she do that? I was under the impression that if you've registered for a future LSAT, law schools can see it, and will generally wait to make a decision on your app until then.

As was I. Anyone know for sure?

She was originally going to take it in Oct, but still wasnt pting where she needed to be , so extended to Dec (thus, she is already registered for Dec as of now, which seems to mean Law schools will see it and wont consider her until last week of Dec when scores are in.

thesybarite

Postby thesybarite » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:13 am

Is it worth canceling and re-registering closer to the Dec LSAT ie after she's submitted her apps? I think I would be inclined to do this...if it's possible

It's certainly not a bad lsat, but I have seen profiles of people who had really different results at similarly ranked schools due to an increase from 170/171 - 175.

Good luck :D

lzyovrachievr

Postby lzyovrachievr » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:11 pm

Just inform the school that she'd like them to make a decision without waiting for the December LSAT.

I did that for one of my apps, and it was no problem.

trudat15

Postby trudat15 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:53 pm

lzyovrachievr wrote:Just inform the school that she'd like them to make a decision without waiting for the December LSAT.

I did that for one of my apps, and it was no problem.

Thanks. Figured that was the what she should do but waned to see if anyone had any experience with it.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”