Letters of Recommendations from Exchange Universities

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ag912

Letters of Recommendations from Exchange Universities

Postby ag912 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:18 pm

I spent one year at the University of Hong Kong (through UC Santa Barbara) which is the first or second ranked university in Asia and definitely much higher ranked than my school. During this time I got a 4.0 and submitted three different LORs to LSAC from 2 professors and 1 TA at HKU. Given that they have much better credentials than the professors at my school, should I send more of the letters from HKU or from UCSB?

Re: Letters of Recommendations from Exchange Universities

Postby 2014 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:27 pm

Most people on here subscribe to the theory of sending the minimum number of recommended LORs, which for most schools is two. If you go by that, it would be reasonable to have one HK one and one from your degree school. If you are going to do more, it probably doesn't matter as long as your degree school is represented somewhere. Careful about overwhelming them with too many though.

im_blue

Re: Letters of Recommendations from Exchange Universities

Postby im_blue » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:02 am

ag912 wrote:Given that they have much better credentials than the professors at my school, should I send more of the letters from HKU or from UCSB?

You should weigh that against their ability to written a good LOR in English. Content is more important than credentials.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”