LSAC Forums

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
moxiepostulate

LSAC Forums

Postby moxiepostulate » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:13 pm

Right, so I know it's going to be about as tedious as one of those activities fairs they tried to herd everyone to in freshman year (anything with booths and sign-in sheets runs that risk), but I'm actually more than a tidbit excited about the upcoming forum in LA.

Of course, I'm aware of the fact that there's no real chance to make a good impression. The options are a) potentially get a fee waver and b) make an ass out of yourself in front of the 1-2 actual admissions officials who showed up from schools you're interested in... But I got one of those generic emails from Harvard admissions today, saying that they'll have a rep at the forum... And generic or not, it was kind of fun to open my inbox and see jdadmiss @ law. harvard.

October test taker, so it's still a few weeks til I submit the bulk of my apps, and this forum thingie is sort of like the first time you go holiday shopping and see decorations up in the stores... It's almost here!

Anyone else planning on going? Generic Harvard emails make anyone else grin like a five year old?

hijodehombre

Re: LSAC Forums

Postby hijodehombre » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:26 pm

I'm thinking about going but the idea of adcomms telling me that they don't put so much weight on LSAT and GPA, that they review every applicant as a person and not as a number would probably make me laugh or worse vomit.

moxiepostulate

Postby moxiepostulate » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:51 pm

Ah, but learning how to smile and nod when people are feeding you bullshit and subtly steer the conversation back towards pertinent info is the cornerstone of any interview, n'est-ce pas? Hell, getting any actual useful information out of the reps will be a bonus, but I'm open to the possibility. I figure it might be like the speed dating equivalent of interview practice. Can any useful information be exchanged in 30 seconds? Ready, go.

Not planning on going to any of the workshops except perhaps the one focused on financing and loans. Out of undergrad for 2yrs, so I'm a little rusty on all of that student loan crapola.

hijodehombre

Postby hijodehombre » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:32 pm

moxiepostulate wrote:Ah, but learning how to smile and nod when people are feeding you bullshit and subtly steer the conversation back towards pertinent info is the cornerstone of any interview, n'est-ce pas?

Oui, c'est vrai.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”