JD/MBAs

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
JD=Doctor

JD/MBAs

Postby JD=Doctor » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:27 pm

Benefits - Disadvantages?

As well how does one go about applying to a school for that program...is the GMAT required...do you just get into the Law School and then decide....Do you specify in your LS app?

thanks!

neonx

Re: JD/MBAs

Postby neonx » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:02 am

I have a friend who's doing a joint degree program at Harvard. He recommends not starting until your second year of JD. Just what I've heard.

maroonzoon

Postby maroonzoon » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:52 am

I talked to the Univ. of Washington dean about their dual JD/MBA (4 years), and she said some students reported feeling like "neither fish nor fowl." But the JD MBA might be worth it if you are going into corporate law for sure.

Hattori Hanzo

Postby Hattori Hanzo » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:03 am

neonx wrote:I have a friend who's doing a joint degree program at Harvard. He recommends not starting until your second year of JD. Just what I've heard.

There is no other way. Either you are accepted to both programs at once or you apply to MBA during your first year at JD (or to JD during your first year at MBA if you get into that one first). Either way you don't start taking classes in the other school until your second year.

SplitterPride

Postby SplitterPride » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:17 am

Sounds like a terrible use of time, energy and money. But it feeds your ego, go ahead. Some people like to masturbate to the alphabet soup next to their name. I just hope you learn something useful after 4 years.

El_Gallo

Postby El_Gallo » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:02 am

It seems like it is only a good idea for people who have very specific career path goals or for those who can't decide if they want to be in business or law so just get both.

--LinkRemoved--

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”