On-Line Background Check

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Jack Smirks

On-Line Background Check

Postby Jack Smirks » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:47 pm

Does anybody know of a good website that will conduct a nationwide in-depth background check? I've lived in quite a few different states and I just want to double check to make sure that I'm aware of every possible speeding ticket or whatever that comes up on my record.
I really don't care how much the service costs, I just want it to be accurate and thorough. tyia.

freebirdlv

Re: On-Line Background Check

Postby freebirdlv » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:07 pm

If you are looking for complete criminal background check go here http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/fprequest.htm. It only costs $18, but you have to provide an original fingerprint card which will cost you more than that. They will provide you with a list of information taken from fingerprint submissions they have retained, as well as federal employment, military service, and naturalizations records. I don't know if they would have minor traffic offenses in your file, but who knows, it's the FBI.
Good Luck

RTFM

Postby RTFM » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:57 pm

If you've had a job that required a background check, they're supposedly required to let you see the results.

Spinozist21

Postby Spinozist21 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:50 am

naterj wrote:Does anybody know of a good website that will conduct a nationwide in-depth background check? I've lived in quite a few different states and I just want to double check to make sure that I'm aware of every possible speeding ticket or whatever that comes up on my record.
I really don't care how much the service costs, I just want it to be accurate and thorough. tyia.

You want to know about speeding tickets?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”