LSAC App. Process Question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
vsl89

LSAC App. Process Question

Postby vsl89 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:16 pm

I just applied to a few schools and received the following email:
"LSAC has received a request for your Credential Assembly Service (CAS) Law School Report from Harvard Law School for Fall/2011. This school requires the inclusion of 2 letters of recommendation before it will accept the report. Your LSAC account indicates that the required number of letters have not been received by LSAC or that you have not assigned them to this school. To assign letters, go to your LSAC.org account."

I have assigned LORs to the school, but my professors haven't submitted them yet. So, what do I do? Once my professors submit their LORs will this automatically resolve itself, i.e. LSAC will know to submit my CAS at that point? Or will I need to call LSAC once the LORs are in?

Also, how soon after submitting via LSAC do you receive an email from the school?

Triple_Entendre

Re: LSAC App. Process Question

Postby Triple_Entendre » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:57 am

LSAC will update your report automatically and the LOR's will be sent to the schools if you have already assigned the letters to the school. You can check if they were sent by going to the LOR page and seeing if there is an envelope next to L1, L2, L3...so on. If there's an envelope then it was sent. Hope that helps.

vsl89

Re: LSAC App. Process Question

Postby vsl89 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:29 am

Triple_Entendre wrote:LSAC will update your report automatically and the LOR's will be sent to the schools if you have already assigned the letters to the school. You can check if they were sent by going to the LOR page and seeing if there is an envelope next to L1, L2, L3...so on. If there's an envelope then it was sent. Hope that helps.

That helps a bunch! Thanks so much!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”