To Re-Take in October or December?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
JD=Doctor

To Re-Take in October or December?

Postby JD=Doctor » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:54 pm

Hi i was the OP for the "Attracted to Cordozo" thread

Like i said i have a 165 and a 3.6 (which i think may be closer to 3.7....did not factor in my CC transcript)
and will be applying to

ALL the LA schools UCLA USC Loyola Pepperdine
UC Hastings Davis Irvine Boalt

Fordham
Cordozo
Some schools 30-50 for the hope of scholarship to use as negotiation with schools above...

I can apply using my 165 and Re-take in December and have this time to devote to my Application and more real prep time and when i get my score hopefully it will be a few points higher i can send it to my schools.

or

I can continue my already 2 week prepping (not so strenuous) for another 4 weeks (of strict studying) until the october test take it and get it over with but with not as great a chance to improve as december where ill have a better grasp of where i will be.

Basically in summery with my 165 already is there a much greater benefit in Re-taking in October over December?

WestOfTheRest

Re: To Re-Take in October or December?

Postby WestOfTheRest » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:57 pm

There's benefits to both, but if you think you can improve by October then take it in October.

Wannabelawyer101

Postby Wannabelawyer101 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:00 pm

When did you get your original score? If it was fairly recent, I think you have enough time to brush up and take the test in Oct. It probably varies from person to person though.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:24 pm

October is better timewise, but if you can't improve enough by that date then December would be better because you would have more time to improve.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”