Attaching Transcripts to Application? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Rosem80

New

Attaching Transcripts to Application?

Post by Rosem80 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:35 pm

I was working on an application on the LSAC system and on the left hand side under credentials it says transcripts not received. But when I click on view it takes me to a list of my transcripts, 2 of which have been received by LSAT?

I'm still working on the application, my question is once I complete the applications for this school and pay the fees does LSAC then send the transcripts to that school? Does the "transcripts not received" just apply to that school?

DearCan

Bronze

Re: Attachttp://www.top-law-schohing Transcripts to Application?

Post by DearCan » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:43 am

When you're looking at your active applications page, it should say "Complete" beneath "Transcripts" if you have provided the transcripts for all institutions you reported attending. Have you only reported attending two institutions? If so, you should call LSAC and see what the deal is. You should also have a viewable "Academic Summary Report" on your transcripts page if this part of your CAS file is complete.

And if you're seeing something that says "Transcripts Not Received" it means that LSAC hasn't received your transcripts, or at least not all of them if you have more than the two you mentioned. That would have nothing to do with the individual law school.

And yes, LSAC sends your transcript to the school once you submit your application and they receive a request for your file.

zworykin

Bronze

Re: Attaching Transcripts to Application?

Post by zworykin » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:00 pm

Rosem80 wrote:I was working on an application on the LSAC system and on the left hand side under credentials it says transcripts not received. But when I click on view it takes me to a list of my transcripts, 2 of which have been received by LSAT?

I'm still working on the application, my question is once I complete the applications for this school and pay the fees does LSAC then send the transcripts to that school? Does the "transcripts not received" just apply to that school?
Yeah, "transcripts not received" actually means "at least one transcript not received." They can't/won't create your Academic Summary Report until they have a transcript from every college/university you told them you attended. So you'll need to get that taken care of before you start submitting applications.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”