somebody tell me one C during study abroad won't kill me

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
eeeeeek

somebody tell me one C during study abroad won't kill me

Postby eeeeeek » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:19 pm

it's stinking up my gpa at that school but it won't kill me right??

all the stupid questions i ask. of course i will survive. :roll:

haydee

Re: somebody tell me one C during study abroad won't kill me

Postby haydee » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:23 pm

Unless you're applying to Yale, you should be fine. As long as your overall GPA isn't abysmal, I don't think 1 mediocre grade is going to lock you out.

I hope not, anyway. I have 2 C grades 8)

smashedpumpkins

Postby smashedpumpkins » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:32 pm

I had a C and a few B-s (with the rest of my grades being As and some A+s). I was waitlisted at Y/S, and in everywhere else, including full scholarships at all of CCN. Make sure the rest of your grades are good and you'll be fine.

eeeeeek

Postby eeeeeek » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:35 pm

smashedpumpkins wrote:I had a C and a few B-s (with the rest of my grades being As and some A+s). I was waitlisted at Y/S, and in everywhere else, including full scholarships at all of CCN. Make sure the rest of your grades are good and you'll be fine.

oh wow that's awesome :shock: what did you get on the lsat??

thechee

Postby thechee » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:36 pm

A C here (senior year no less, didn't address in addendum), plus plenty of Bs. Didn't seem to make a difference.

dresden doll

Postby dresden doll » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:37 pm

eeeeeek wrote:
smashedpumpkins wrote:I had a C and a few B-s (with the rest of my grades being As and some A+s). I was waitlisted at Y/S, and in everywhere else, including full scholarships at all of CCN. Make sure the rest of your grades are good and you'll be fine.

Pretty sure that, if real, his success resulted from some damn good soft factors in addition to a sky high LSAT.

smashedpumpkins

Postby smashedpumpkins » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:40 pm

dresden doll wrote:
eeeeeek wrote:

Pretty sure that, if real, his success resulted from some damn good soft factors in addition to a sky high LSAT.

I got a 180 on the LSAT. My GPA ended up being around a 3.75. I think I had above average soft factors (consulting W/E, some relatively involved campus leadership roles), but nothing ground-breaking and nothing particularly academic (to which I attribute my Y/S dings).

eeeeeek

Postby eeeeeek » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:47 pm

dresden doll wrote:
eeeeeek wrote:

a 180 lsat + UN peacekeeping against somali pirates + extensive volunteer work as a doctor in zimbabwe + inventing the internet?

i'm intimidated again. all the awesome people who apply to law schools :cry:

eeeeeek

Postby eeeeeek » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:49 pm

smashedpumpkins wrote:
dresden doll wrote:
eeeeeek wrote:

I got a 180 on the LSAT. My GPA ended up being around a 3.75. I think I had above average soft factors (consulting W/E, some relatively involved campus leadership roles), but nothing ground-breaking and nothing particularly academic (to which I attribute my Y/S dings).

at least i got the 180 right. :p but anyway that is still very very awesome and i hope you love whichever school you ended up in. :D

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:54 pm

If the study abroad grade doesn't appear on your UG transcript, you're not required to send in the foreign transcript as long as you have less than one year of coursework there.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”