2 or 3 LORs

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lawyeah

2 or 3 LORs

Postby lawyeah » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:57 pm

Hey sorry guys if my question is redundant. I am planning on asking 2 professors and 1 employer for a letter of recommendation. Is it better for me to submit just 2 letters or all 3 to lsac?

Sentry

Re: 2 or 3 LORs

Postby Sentry » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:58 pm

I would submit them all to LSAC but only assign the number of letters recommended by the schools.

St.Remy

Postby St.Remy » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:00 pm

lawyeah wrote:Hey sorry guys if my question is redundant. I am planning on asking 2 professors and 1 employer for a letter of recommendation. Is it better for me to submit just 2 letters or all 3 to lsac?

For how many to send to schools: If you know that all of them will be phenomenal and will highlight different aspects of you as an applicant, then 3. If not then send the best two, with the academic one winning if you think the academic and the employer one will be about the same quality.

lawyeah

Postby lawyeah » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:10 pm

Yeah.. but the problem is that I won't know which letters are stellar. There's that whole confidentiality agreement so I won't know what the recommenders are actually saying about me. Hmm..

St.Remy

Postby St.Remy » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:11 pm

lawyeah wrote:Yeah.. but the problem is that I won't know which letters are stellar. There's that whole confidentiality agreement so I won't know what the recommenders are actually saying about me. Hmm..

Yes we all signed the same confidentiality agreement form (if you didn't then the letter would be rather worthless). You just have to go with your gut with regards to which ones will be the best or if they all will be stellar.

WestOfTheRest

Postby WestOfTheRest » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:15 pm

St.Remy wrote:
lawyeah wrote:Yeah.. but the problem is that I won't know which letters are stellar. There's that whole confidentiality agreement so I won't know what the recommenders are actually saying about me. Hmm..

Yes we all signed the same confidentiality agreement form (if you didn't then the letter would be rather worthless). You just have to go with your gut with regards to which ones will be the best or if they all will be stellar.

Lol, why didn't you guys just ask your recommenders to send you copies of the letters for your personal record?

ArchRoark

Postby ArchRoark » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 am

CastleRock wrote:
St.Remy wrote:

Lol, why didn't you guys just ask your recommenders to send you copies of the letters for your personal record?

Because it is against the confidentiality agreement?

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:43 pm

Tiva wrote:Because it is against the confidentiality agreement?

The agreement that you sign on the LOR form means you waived your right to access the recommendation from LSAC or law school. If your recommender decides to give you a copy, thats fine because that's not covered by the scope of the agreement.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”