Comments needed for my grade dispute

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ajmanyjah

Re: Comments needed for my grade dispute

Postby ajmanyjah » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:10 pm

Also, I am still wondering how you got a 3.0 GPA when it seems you were taking liberal arts courses...I'm no genius but I slacked off really badly and still got a 2.8 with 3 lab courses a semester...?

paratactical

Postby paratactical » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:12 pm

This thread is a gold mine.

--ImageRemoved--

ajmanyjah

Postby ajmanyjah » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:13 pm

mindybluehammer wrote:adjunct prof? fuck him and raise hell bra

try to get your points bra nothing to lose

seems like everyone here sucks their deans dick i guess.

best post I saw a while back about ls students being akin to the op-

this, and all the critics = who trying to win 3p33n wars on the internet.

guessing about 50-70% of posters here have a laid ratio of once per year btw.

You might get laid more

But this is how

http://www.break.com/index/bro_rape_new ... eport.html

And we don't "suck our dean's dick"---that might be how you get your points but I stick to I dunno, not being a functional moron and getting the grades i deserve

mindybluehammer

Postby mindybluehammer » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:18 pm

ajmanyjah wrote:

You might get laid more

But this is how

And we don't "suck our dean's dick"---that might be how you get your points but I stick to I dunno, not being a functional moron and getting the grades i deserve

Glad that you immediately realized you were part of the group I was referring to.

THAS HOW YOU GET SHIT DON BRA

BC WHAT YOU DESERVE IS A LONG'N UP YOUR STINKHOLE (courtesy of the OP)

ajmanyjah

Postby ajmanyjah » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:24 pm

mindybluehammer wrote:
ajmanyjah wrote:

You might get laid more

But this is how

Glad that you immediately realized you were part of the group I was referring to.

Huh? How is the polo shirt and shitty Guster music? People like you stop getting laid when the parents stop paying your bills and women mature enough not to be date raped after 15 natty lites

jdhopeful11

Postby jdhopeful11 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:26 pm

ajmanyjah wrote:
mindybluehammer wrote:
ajmanyjah wrote:

You might get laid more

But this is how

Huh? How is the polo shirt and shitty Guster music? People like you stop getting laid when the parents stop paying your bills and women mature enough not to be date raped after 15 natty lites

Nobody likes the curry here "Jay," get lost

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:27 pm

The direction this thread is going is becoming a bit too offensive, anyone not wanting to get banned may want to tone it down a little.

jdhopeful11

Postby jdhopeful11 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:29 pm

vanwinkle wrote:The direction this thread is going is becoming a bit too offensive, anyone not wanting to get banned may want to tone it down a little.

+1

I would really like some ideas on what to say in my apology. I don't want it to be too strong because it may appear fake, and one that is too mild may fall short of the intended purpose.

ajmanyjah

Postby ajmanyjah » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:29 pm

jdhopeful11 wrote:

Nobody likes the curry here "Jay," get lost

Nice, entitled whiteboy gets racist. Keep going man, I know that Guster comment got to you. Also, do you really need to post random shit on the internet for attention? Crack open a bottle of scotch and some ice, roll up a blunt, and get wasted with friends---cope like a MAN. Don't post on the net or rat out up the chain.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:30 pm

jdhopeful11 wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:The direction this thread is going is becoming a bit too offensive, anyone not wanting to get banned may want to tone it down a little.

+1

I was referring (in part) to your comments, especially the "curry" one, just so you know. Just like discussion of your professor's sexual orientation, cracking racially offensive jokes at other posters is highly inappropriate.

Iuvo

Postby Iuvo » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:32 pm

jdhopeful11 wrote:

+1

I would really like some ideas on what to say in my apology. I don't want it to be too strong because it may appear fake, and one that is too mild may fall short of the intended purpose.

You can try this.
Last edited by Iuvo on Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blurbz

Postby blurbz » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:33 pm

jdhopeful11 wrote:

+1

After all you've said in your Emails, your apology will seem fake (and it likely is fake, judging from all you've said here). If you want to try to save face (not likely) then just be polite and thank the proff for even taking a look at it. I know most professors I know would have gotten your first email and said, "this isn't how you deal with things in the real world. I'm going to default to the professor's grade" and they'd have been more than justified in doing so.

Pack it in, buddy. You lost and deservedly so.

mindybluehammer

Postby mindybluehammer » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:33 pm

Alright, this might hurt for those who are intelligently challenged.

If you go into an area of creatures that involve predators and prey [the ocean for example] you run the risk of becoming prey for a predator. All the people who go swimming in any mass of water, you immediately add yourself to the food chain, and your not at the top most of the time. Predators of any kind will look for their usual food source, and if they find something that isn't usually on their menu, they leave it be and move on. Most people who react to shark bites turn a 'nibble' into a 'near-fatal-attack'. I honestly feel bad for those that loose limbs in shark attacks, but they found out the risk first hand when it comes to going into a new environment and coming close to one of the predators.

These men and women looking to save these sharks from being hunted like this, I applaud them. I'd much rather be swimming in an ocean where the top predator is a shark than find out that the jellyfish are their replacement, because that seems to be where this is going.

But of course, the media who does such a WONDERFUL job at broadcasting 'precise' news, everyone hears the savage attacks on 'man-hunting' creatures.

All be it that the gaping maw of a shark can be a thing of nightmares, they are the least of my problems. Not all sharks live in the water.

paratactical

Postby paratactical » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:34 pm

jdhopeful11 wrote:

+1

Shorter will be better, so make sure to edit. Your previous letters were a little long and unorganized and you shouldn't need more than a paragraph to apologise. The best apology is straight forward and doesn't qualify. If I were in your shoes, I would simply say that I was sorry that the discussion got heated, but I also wouldn't be considering appealing to another higher authority. If you don't get your away and appeal again, your apology will sound pretty hollow.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:34 pm

mindybluehammer wrote:Alright, this might hurt for those who are intelligently challenged.

If you go into an area of creatures that involve predators and prey [the ocean for example] you run the risk of becoming prey for a predator. All the people who go swimming in any mass of water, you immediately add yourself to the food chain, and your not at the top most of the time. Predators of any kind will look for their usual food source, and if they find something that isn't usually on their menu, they leave it be and move on. Most people who react to shark bites turn a 'nibble' into a 'near-fatal-attack'. I honestly feel bad for those that loose limbs in shark attacks, but they found out the risk first hand when it comes to going into a new environment and coming close to one of the predators.

These men and women looking to save these sharks from being hunted like this, I applaud them. I'd much rather be swimming in an ocean where the top predator is a shark than find out that the jellyfish are their replacement, because that seems to be where this is going.

But of course, the media who does such a WONDERFUL job at broadcasting 'precise' news, everyone hears the savage attacks on 'man-hunting' creatures.

All be it that the gaping maw of a shark can be a thing of nightmares, they are the least of my problems. Not all sharks live in the water.

Lol wut?

mindybluehammer

Postby mindybluehammer » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:35 pm

I hope you like my allegory

ajmanyjah

Postby ajmanyjah » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:35 pm

mindybluehammer wrote:Alright, this might hurt for those who are intelligently challenged.

Iuvo

Postby Iuvo » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:35 pm

Huh?

paratactical

Postby paratactical » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:37 pm

--ImageRemoved--

--ImageRemoved--
Last edited by paratactical on Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

czelede

Postby czelede » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:38 pm

I think you should copy-paste your post and send it as a GPA addendum.

johnnyutah

Postby johnnyutah » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:04 pm

5% chance this guy is for real.

edit:

Chance down to 2% now.

mindybluehammer

Postby mindybluehammer » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:10 pm

Guys i have a english major i think I know how to write a allegory.....

idiots

johnnyutah

Postby johnnyutah » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:11 pm

mindybluehammer wrote:Guys i have a english major i think I know how to write a allegory.....

1% and falling. It's just too good to possibly be true.

LAWLAW09

Postby LAWLAW09 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:22 pm

This thread provided a much needed laugh. For the OP and the shark story, lol, thank you.

Postby 270910 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:23 pm

I think we should give OP more credit - he seems to have really turned his attitude around in these last few posts. The lynch mob is funny when the person is an asshat, but OP is literally asking for advice on how to apologize for sounding like an asshat, which is kind of the opposite of asshat.

OP: I'd recommend your next email be as short as you can make it. Being succinct will be important at this stage. Then something along these lines:

In closing, I would like to apologize for the tone of my prior emails. The law school admissions process seems to have gotten under my skin, and looking over my words from earlier I realize I've been quite out of line. I'm sorry for that - and I appreciate your taking the time to help me navigate this stressful process.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”