Comments needed for my grade dispute

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Re: Comments needed for my grade dispute

Postby 12262010 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:18 pm

"Winkie" :lol: :lol: :lol: . TYFT.

jdhopeful11

Postby jdhopeful11 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:19 pm

booyakasha wrote:
jdhopeful11 wrote:
johnnyutah wrote:Okay, I'm actually going to give useful advice.

Man up. Your GPA is what it is primarily because of the work you did or didn't do throughout your undergraduate career, not what this one professor did to you in your last class. Don't squabble over the bitch shit (and yeah, two tenths of a GPA point qualifies as bitch shit). Try hard on the LSAT, and hopefully break 170. ED at Northwestern. Pay attention in your classes, study smart for finals, and network your way to whatever law job you decide you want.

/thread

My PS focuses on why my GPA was low my first 2 years of UG and EssayEdge gave me the thumbs up. I know its bitch shit but I don't care, I'm willing to swallow my ego for almost any chance at helping my chances for law school, and so would the majority of serious applicants out there.

You're going to have to swallow a lot more than your ego for the T6.

I was obviously kidding. I knew how quickly all the jealous monkeys would jump all over it, so I fed the dog a bone. I would be happy with T14.

paratactical

Postby paratactical » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:20 pm

jdhopeful11 wrote:
Winkie - I have semester long internships at an AG's office, and two law firms. I now work full time as a legal assistant. I also had my own online small business throughout UG and worked a few side jobs as well. Does this WE not suffice?

Internships are not WE. A single year as a legal assistant (this means secretary at most firms, IME) is probably not substantial enough to assist with admissions anywhere.

jdhopeful11

Postby jdhopeful11 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:20 pm

paratactical wrote:--ImageRemoved--

This guy should just get paid by various forums to make spontaneous memes

jdhopeful11

Postby jdhopeful11 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:21 pm

paratactical wrote:
jdhopeful11 wrote:
Winkie - I have semester long internships at an AG's office, and two law firms. I now work full time as a legal assistant. I also had my own online small business throughout UG and worked a few side jobs as well. Does this WE not suffice?

Internships are not WE. A single year as a legal assistant (this means secretary at most firms, IME) is probably not substantial enough to assist with admissions anywhere.

I'll take my chances MEME boy. Lets see you meme that.

haydee

Postby haydee » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:24 pm

jdhopeful11 wrote:
booyakasha wrote:
jdhopeful11 wrote:

Man up. Your GPA is what it is primarily because of the work you did or didn't do throughout your undergraduate career, not what this one professor did to you in your last class. Don't squabble over the bitch shit (and yeah, two tenths of a GPA point qualifies as bitch shit). Try hard on the LSAT, and hopefully break 170. ED at Northwestern. Pay attention in your classes, study smart for finals, and network your way to whatever law job you decide you want.

/thread

My PS focuses on why my GPA was low my first 2 years of UG and EssayEdge gave me the thumbs up. I know its bitch shit but I don't care, I'm willing to swallow my ego for almost any chance at helping my chances for law school, and so would the majority of serious applicants out there.

You're going to have to swallow a lot more than your ego for the T6.

I was obviously kidding. I knew how quickly all the jealous monkeys would jump all over it, so I fed the dog a bone. I would be happy with T14.

Ahhh, I see. You were only PRETENDING to be an asshat in order to MANIPULATE us. How foolish we were to fall for it; you are truly the puppet master.

Postby 12262010 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:25 pm

jdhopeful11 wrote:

I'm already at CLS, so I'm not sure how your jealous monkey concept applies.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:26 pm

jdhopeful11 wrote:Winkie - I have semester long internships at an AG's office, and two law firms. I now work full time as a legal assistant. I also had my own online small business throughout UG and worked a few side jobs as well. Does this WE not suffice?

No, I'm talking actual WE, the kind where you work full-time and use that money to pay your living expenses, and learn what life in the real world where you're not being funded largely by grants or loans is like. You sound like you might be doing that now, but you also apparently just started; I'm talking about years of consistent working experience and personal responsibility of a sort you don't experience in UG. This is the kind of experience you obviously are lacking and need a taste of, and I mean this in a serious way; people who have worked at least two full years post-UG, in my experience, do far better in law school than those that come straight out of UG. I'd say the bulk of the transfer class here at HLS (myself included) had more than two years of WE; many had more than four, and nearly all credit that WE and the additional maturity and skillset as a main reason they did well enough during 1L to transfer.

Also:

booyakasha wrote:"Winkie" :lol: :lol: :lol: . TYFT.

Postby 2807 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:26 pm

I just did the Law School Predictor for a 170 and 2.99 and 3.01.

Are you aware that out of the top 100 schools this affected you in only 2 of them?

USC and some other one I cant remember, but it was in the middle and probably a non-issue for you.

So, looks like possibly NOTHING really changes for you if you win/lose this fight. And if USC is your goal, get a 172.

paratactical

Postby paratactical » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:30 pm

--ImageRemoved--

--ImageRemoved--

jdhopeful11

Postby jdhopeful11 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:47 pm

Anyway back on topic:

Since the final result falls on the chairs assessment of my final exam, I am going to end my response with an apology for the tone I took in my Inquisition.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:48 pm

jdhopeful11 wrote:Anyway back on topic:

Since the final result falls on the chairs assessment of my final exam, I am going to end my response with an apology for the tone I took in my Inquisition.

It's never too late to try to save face.

Postby 2807 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:54 pm

jdhopeful11 wrote:Anyway back on topic:

Hey, good job (apology). Everyone deserves a second chance.

I hope the LSP results show you that you may not have the hurdle you think you do. Just focus on the dreaded LSAT and your options will not change much due to GPA. Bruised ego, but not bruised chances.

Keep calm, and carry on.

jdhopeful11

Postby jdhopeful11 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:57 pm

LSP isn't great at predicting Splitters. Plus, I am more concerned about the psychological aspect of a 2.xx gpa opposed to a 3.xx one. I couldn't care less about the numerical aspect as I am well aware that its minute.

So I guess the advice that I got from this thread - that I was coming off too strong - was worth posting after all. I will revive the thread and let you all know the outcome.

ajmanyjah

Postby ajmanyjah » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:58 pm

jdhopeful11 wrote:

/thread

LoL @ essay edge...here I thought I was a bitch for paying for an LSAT course after a few years out of school

shoop

Postby shoop » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:00 pm

This whole thing is WAY too wanky and whiny and I invoke tl;dr, but I was wondering if you considered the possibility that word of your bratty, entitled email barrage is going to get around the department and poison your LOR well? It doesn't matter if your GPA is 2.99 or 3.01 if your academic letter of recommendation paints you as a whiny little bitch and potential thorn in everyone's side.

ajmanyjah

Postby ajmanyjah » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:01 pm

jdhopeful11 wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:

/thread

I'd also recommend getting a real job for a couple years. Not only will that give you valuable WE to counter your low GPA, it'll also give you an opportunity to mature a little, which you obviously need, OP.

Not the way you are acting. One job at the deli in high school and I dropped the attitude you had.

jdhopeful11

Postby jdhopeful11 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:01 pm

ajmanyjah wrote:
jdhopeful11 wrote:

/thread

LoL @ essay edge...here I thought I was a bitch for paying for an LSAT course after a few years out of school

And I guess you were willing to look over my PS for free right?

paratactical

Postby paratactical » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:02 pm

jdhopeful11 wrote:And I guess you were willing to look over my PS for free right?

viewforum.php?f=18

ajmanyjah

Postby ajmanyjah » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:05 pm

jdhopeful11 wrote:
ajmanyjah wrote:
jdhopeful11 wrote:

/thread

And I guess you were willing to look over my PS for free right?

If you looked over mine/I've written thousands of essays, research briefs, analysis papers, research proposals etc with nothing more than my own eye looking over it for grammar

jdhopeful11

Postby jdhopeful11 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:05 pm

paratactical wrote:
jdhopeful11 wrote:And I guess you were willing to look over my PS for free right?

http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=18

I used this part of the forum to make my final draft before sending to EE. Get out of my ass loser.

ajmanyjah

Postby ajmanyjah » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:07 pm

jdhopeful11 wrote:
paratactical wrote:

http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=18

I used this part of the forum to make my final draft before sending to EE. Get out of my ass loser.

You spread your entire academic soap opera all over the net (and it sounds like you are still in the wrong) and you want people to "get out of your ass"? Also, does this make you para's prison bitch?

Iuvo

Postby Iuvo » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:08 pm

In for the lulz thread.

paratactical

Postby paratactical » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:09 pm

ajmanyjah wrote: Also, does this make you para's prison bitch?

--ImageRemoved--

mindybluehammer

Postby mindybluehammer » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:09 pm

adjunct prof? fuck him and raise hell bra

try to get your points bra nothing to lose

seems like everyone here sucks their deans dick i guess.

best post I saw a while back about ls students being akin to the op-

this, and all the critics = who trying to win 3p33n wars on the internet.

guessing about 50-70% of posters here have a laid ratio of once per year btw.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”