Comments needed for my grade dispute

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
dresden doll

Re: Comments needed for my grade dispute

Postby dresden doll » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:40 pm

paratactical wrote:
dresden doll wrote:
jdhopeful11 wrote:So take this as a lesson learned young man - just because you lack opportunities to undermine people in the real world, doesn't mean you should jump all over opportunities to do so on the cyberworld that you more actively participate in.

Did you just say that to Para? Get lost.

<3 When people are silly, I make memes.

--ImageRemoved--

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Postby 12262010 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:40 pm

para, you are the master of memes.

johnnyutah

Postby johnnyutah » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:41 pm

jdhopeful11 wrote: As you will see, this is a controversial case.

Didn't read all pages yet, but has everyone laughed appropriately at this line yet?

paratactical

Postby paratactical » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:42 pm

--ImageRemoved--
--ImageRemoved--

NayBoer

Postby NayBoer » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:42 pm

booyakasha wrote:
jdhopeful11 wrote:OK ladies, before I post the next part of the saga, I want to clarify on a few things.

For all the LOR critics - I have 4 LORs already in my bank.

For all the burning bridges critics - I already graduated, and the course was in my non-major department. Furthermore, the course was at a separate campus then the one I graduated from.

That I'm making this a public issue - WTFC?

That I'm a douche - Unlike many of the pansies on this board, I have balls. I assure you that the Dean is used to the tone I take because of the general location of the school. It's called getting shit done. See you at YHSCCN.

False. You're not getting in with your abysmal GPA.
He's not getting into Yale with a 2.99, but with a 3.01 he has a fighting chance!

jdhopeful11

Postby jdhopeful11 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:43 pm

:lol: This stuff even has me laughing. :lol:

haydee

Postby haydee » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:44 pm

booyakasha wrote:
jdhopeful11 wrote:That I'm a douche - Unlike many of the pansies on this board, I have balls. I assure you that the Dean is used to the tone I take because of the general location of the school. It's called getting shit done. See you at YHSCCN.

False. You're not getting in with your abysmal GPA.

TITCR. I consider myself something of an expert on what a high LSAT can and cannot do for you in the T6.

Eesh, where is this school located? Nowhere on the planet is your "tone" an acceptable one to take when you're asking for a favor from your waitress, let alone a Dean.

haydee

Postby haydee » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:45 pm

paratactical wrote:--ImageRemoved--

This one is my favorite. :)

jdhopeful11

Postby jdhopeful11 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:49 pm

haydee wrote:
paratactical wrote:--ImageRemoved--

This one is my favorite. :)

+1

It had me dying. He made that up too quickly to have any outside life.

JOThompson

Postby JOThompson » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:51 pm

jdhopeful11 wrote:the next part of the saga

Apt description. I don't think you'll find this thread to be productive, best to move on IMO.

paratactical

Postby paratactical » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:51 pm

--ImageRemoved--

jdhopeful11 wrote:+1

It had me dying. He made that up too quickly to have any outside life.

You don't know how the internet works, do you?

johnnyutah

Postby johnnyutah » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:51 pm

jdhopeful11 wrote:That I'm a douche - Unlike many of the pansies on this board, I have balls.

Then why does the totality of your posts and correspondence with school administration leave me with such a distinct impression that you're a whiny little bitch?

jdhopeful11 wrote:It's called getting shit done.

That is not what you are doing is called.

jdhopeful11 wrote:See you at YHSCCN.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Postby 2807 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:57 pm

All other things staying the same:

What would your 77 on the final have to be raised to-- in order to get you over the 3.0 hump?

That will really tell you if you have any chance at all now.

If you have to have a 95 on the final or something, then---- it's over Johnny, it's over.

jdhopeful11

Postby jdhopeful11 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:58 pm

2807 wrote:All other things staying the same:

What would your 77 on the final have to be raised to-- in order to get you over the 3.0 hump?

If you have to have a 95 on the final or something, then---- it's over Johnny, it's over.

Postby 2807 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:05 pm

jdhopeful11 wrote:
2807 wrote:All other things staying the same:

Bummer. You were close if it were not for the quiz issue. Now, that seems hard to do.

Are you sure that a 2.9 and a 3.0 will make/break where you end up going anyway (LSAT, and softs...)

Good luck to you.

johnnyutah

Postby johnnyutah » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:06 pm

Okay, I'm actually going to give useful advice.

Man up. Your GPA is what it is primarily because of the work you did or didn't do throughout your undergraduate career, not what this one professor did to you in your last class. Don't squabble over the bitch shit (and yeah, two tenths of a GPA point qualifies as bitch shit). Try hard on the LSAT, and hopefully break 170. ED at Northwestern. Pay attention in your classes, study smart for finals, and network your way to whatever law job you decide you want.

/thread

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:08 pm

Para, your memes in here made me LOL IRL, in the middle of a quiet moment of class. :lol:

paratactical

Postby paratactical » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:10 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:Para, your memes in here made me LOL IRL, in the middle of a quiet moment of class. :lol:

It would never be possible without such great source material.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:10 pm

This shit just got a whole lot funnier since last night.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:12 pm

johnnyutah wrote:Okay, I'm actually going to give useful advice.

Man up. Your GPA is what it is primarily because of the work you did or didn't do throughout your undergraduate career, not what this one professor did to you in your last class. Don't squabble over the bitch shit (and yeah, two tenths of a GPA point qualifies as bitch shit). Try hard on the LSAT, and hopefully break 170. ED at Northwestern. Pay attention in your classes, study smart for finals, and network your way to whatever law job you decide you want.

/thread

I'd also recommend getting a real job for a couple years. Not only will that give you valuable WE to counter your low GPA, it'll also give you an opportunity to mature a little, which you obviously need, OP.

St.Remy

Postby St.Remy » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:12 pm

bk1 wrote:This shit just got a whole lot funnier since last night.

+1, mostly because of the additional email where his department chair clearly thinks he is an idiot.

jdhopeful11

Postby jdhopeful11 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:14 pm

/thread

My PS focuses on why my GPA was low my first 2 years of UG and EssayEdge gave me the thumbs up. I know its bitch shit but I don't care, I'm willing to swallow my ego for almost any chance at helping my chances for law school, and so would the majority of serious applicants out there.

Postby 12262010 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:16 pm

jdhopeful11 wrote:

/thread

My PS focuses on why my GPA was low my first 2 years of UG and EssayEdge gave me the thumbs up. I know its bitch shit but I don't care, I'm willing to swallow my ego for almost any chance at helping my chances for law school, and so would the majority of serious applicants out there.

You're going to have to swallow a lot more than your ego for the T6.

jdhopeful11

Postby jdhopeful11 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:17 pm

vanwinkle wrote:

/thread

I'd also recommend getting a real job for a couple years. Not only will that give you valuable WE to counter your low GPA, it'll also give you an opportunity to mature a little, which you obviously need, OP.

Winkie - I have semester long internships at an AG's office, and two law firms. I now work full time as a legal assistant. I also had my own online small business throughout UG and worked a few side jobs as well. Does this WE not suffice?

paratactical

Postby paratactical » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:18 pm

--ImageRemoved--

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”