How bad is it out there? I wan't to go to law school..don't Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
whymeohgodno

Gold

Re: How bad is it out there? I wan't to go to law school..don't

Post by whymeohgodno » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:37 pm

Enlighten me. What is this 'Average' you speak of?
Someone who falls directly at the median GPA/LSAT vs GPA/MCAT should expect to get into.

Median of all those who were accepted to law school or med school.

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:40 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:
Someone who falls directly at the median GPA/LSAT vs GPA/MCAT should expect to get into.

Average score in an MCAT is 24, which will not get you into any med school. Christ, do your homework.

Edit: Save for Caribbean med schools - which is a 300k piece of paper worth less than a roll of TP.
Last edited by ResolutePear on Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whymeohgodno

Gold

Post by whymeohgodno » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:41 pm

ResolutePear wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:

Average score in an MCAT is 24, which will not get you into any med school. Christ, do your homework.

Edit: Save for Caribbean med schools - which makes for horrible US prospects.
Are you a fucking retard? Read the last sentence then get back to me. Christ.

DoubleChecks

Gold

Post by DoubleChecks » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:48 pm

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:52 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:

Edit: Save for Caribbean med schools - which makes for horrible US prospects.
Are you a fucking retard? Read the last sentence then get back to me. Christ.
Look at the retarded pot calling the pear black.

Caribbean med schools are still med schools, and that's median to low.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

whymeohgodno

Gold

Post by whymeohgodno » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:53 pm

My last sentence in the post you quoted.

Just read it then realize how irrelevant your entire response is.

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:58 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:

God you are so dense.

whymeohgodno

Gold

Post by whymeohgodno » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:59 pm

ResolutePear wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:

God you are so dense.
Since when did I ask for an average MCAT score? I said the median...of all those who were accepted to med school.

Feeling pretty stupid now huh?

If not, you're dumber than you sound.

D. H2Oman

Platinum

Post by D. H2Oman » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:00 pm

Hot

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:01 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:

God you are so dense.
Since when did I ask for an average MCAT score? I said the median...of all those who were accepted to med school.

Feeling pretty stupid now huh?

If not, you're dumber than you sound.
Do you seriously think there isn't a school out there that accepts the lowest possible score on an MCAT?

So sad that you're so naive and start insulting people when people challenge it. Don't worry - I won't tell.

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:02 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:Hot
I know rite.. I'm getting a hard on over this.

whymeohgodno

Gold

Post by whymeohgodno » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:08 pm

Do you seriously think there isn't a school out there that accepts the lowest possible score on an MCAT?

So sad that you're so naive and start insulting people when people challenge it. Don't worry - I won't tell.
You're just beyond redemption.

I was comparing averages and you start comparing the extreme ends of the spectrum.

How fucking retarded are you? Did you eat paint chips as a kid or are you the result of an incestuous relationship?

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:10 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:

I was comparing averages and you start comparing the extreme ends of the spectrum.

How fucking retarded are you? Did you eat paint chips as a kid or are you the result of an incestuous relationship?
Again with the insulting. :roll:

I'm just comparing what you're telling me to compare.
whymeohgodno wrote: Someone who falls directly at the median GPA/LSAT vs GPA/MCAT should expect to get into.

Learn how to convey your intended message, then get back to me.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

whymeohgodno

Gold

Post by whymeohgodno » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:17 pm

ResolutePear wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:

whymeohgodno wrote: Someone who falls directly at the median GPA/LSAT vs GPA/MCAT should expect to get into.

It was conveyed clearly.

It's not my fault if someone can't even interpret what median MCAT of all those accepted to med school means.

I remember...didn't you reply to that post with something like....the median MCAT score?

The median MCAT score =/= median MCAT score of all those accepted to med school.

Learn to read. Maybe you can type a reply that actually makes sense this time, instead of being not being able to understand a crucial difference that even an 8 year old would find easy to distinguish.

PDaddy

Gold

Post by PDaddy » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:19 pm

masterthearts wrote:I do REALLY want to attend law school. I am trying to gauge how bad the job market really is. Is it that bad, or are there just some bloggers out there over-exaggerating?
Do you want to "be a lawyer" or do you want to "go to law school"? The answer for most, although they will never admit it, is the latter. So many people want to spend three years bragging about where they go to law school - with nary a clue about their "place" in the profession - and hope the name of the school will pay dividends for them in the form of a good-paying job. That is what is killing the legal field in the first place. If you want money, get an MBA. if you want benefits, work at a bank, software or cellular phone company, or be a physician's assistant, as was mentioned. If you really want to be a lawyer, do that. But, by all means, avoid at all costs taking a seat from another deserving student who really has his heart in it.

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:23 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:

It was conveyed clearly.

It's not my fault if someone can't even interpret what median MCAT of all those accepted to med school means.

I remember...didn't you reply to that post with something like....the median MCAT score?

The median MCAT score =/= median MCAT score of all those accepted to med school.

Learn to read. Maybe you can type a reply that actually makes sense this time, instead of being not being able to understand a crucial difference that even an 8 year old would find easy to distinguish.
Sure did. I included schools which would accept students with no/minimum MCAT scores upto a perfect MCAT score. Only fair since there are law schools which accept people without LSAT scores.

You're really not going to stand here and blame me for taking your post in the literal sense, are you?

And, can we stop the insults? You're starting to bore me more than this Godzilla movie I'm watching.

whymeohgodno

Gold

Post by whymeohgodno » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:29 pm

Sure did. I included schools which would accept students with no/minimum MCAT scores upto a perfect MCAT score. Only fair since there are law schools which accept people without LSAT scores.

You're really not going to stand here and blame me for taking your post in the literal sense, are you?

And, can we stop the insults? You're starting to bore me more than this Godzilla movie I'm watching.
You only mentioned Caribbean schools.

That's like me citing just TTT schools and saying that's a comprehensive view of the median LSAT scores of future lawyers.

How about you look at the median score of everyone who got accepted into an MD program instead of just Caribbean schools, vs everyone who got accepted into a law school?

You will find that the median MCAT is relatively high while the median LSAT is something that many intelligent people can achieve without ever having to study for the LSAT.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:42 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:

That's like me citing just TTT schools and saying that's a comprehensive view of the median LSAT scores of future lawyers.

How about you look at the median score of everyone who got accepted into an MD program instead of just Caribbean schools, vs everyone who got accepted into a law school?

You will find that the median MCAT is relatively high while the median LSAT is something that many intelligent people can achieve without ever having to study for the LSAT.
When talking about Median, Caribbean schools ARE the median. There is no median American. It's all 75%+

Median scores from schools from those do not accept an LSAT all the way up to Yale end up at a conservative low T1 if you consider a max GPA of 4.3 with a floor of 2.6 and LSAT of 160, 140-180... puts you at 3.45 with a 160 LSAT. That's Low T1.

Therefore, when looking at median med schools vs. median law schools:

Low T1 = Caribbean Med School.

Besides, comparing the MCAT to the LSAT isn't accurate. In Med school - admissions acts like the gatekeeper and once you get into med school, it's pretty much 100% you're going to be a physician... where as with the LSAT, the bar handles that job, AFTER law school. That's the difference in tests.

whymeohgodno

Gold

Post by whymeohgodno » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:53 pm

ResolutePear wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:

When talking about Median, Caribbean schools ARE the median. There is no median American. It's all 75%+

Median scores from schools from those do not accept an LSAT all the way up to Yale end up at a conservative low T1 if you consider a max GPA of 4.3 with a floor of 2.6 and LSAT of 160, 140-180... puts you at 3.45 with a 160 LSAT. That's Low T1.

Therefore, when looking at median med schools vs. median law schools:

Low T1 = Caribbean Med School.

Besides, comparing the MCAT to the LSAT isn't accurate. In Med school - admissions acts like the gatekeeper and once you get into med school, it's pretty much 100% you're going to be a physician... where as with the LSAT, the bar handles that job, AFTER law school. That's the difference in tests.
Caribbean med schools are more like TTT.

And you still aren't answering my question.

I never said median med SCHOOL.

I said median scores of STUDENTS who got INTO med school.

Now when you only look at Caribbean schools, that completely distorts my statement doesn't it?

Also the very fact that med schools are so much more selective figures into my argument even more.

You can keep retaking the Bar exam after you barely graduate from a TTT. Sooner or later you will get lucky and pass.

Not the same with med school. You can't keep retaking the MCAT or go back and get a brand new pre-med GPA.

porgie

Bronze

Post by porgie » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:23 am

I don't know the answer to the OP's question, but sometimes, I wish I had just tried to attend med school instead of law school. The uncertainty of the job market is the main stressor in my life, not the workload. It must be nice to know while you're in med school that all of your hard work will eventually pay off, instead of hoping while you're in law school that you'll be able to eventually find a job.

BruceWayne

Gold

Post by BruceWayne » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:20 pm

porgie wrote:I don't know the answer to the OP's question, but sometimes, I wish I had just tried to attend med school instead of law school. The uncertainty of the job market is the main stressor in my life, not the workload. It must be nice to know while you're in med school that all of your hard work will eventually pay off, instead of hoping while you're in law school that you'll be able to eventually find a job.
If it makes you feel any better they are really in a class all to themselves. I cannot think of any other type of degree program where the graduates are guaranteed to get a job--a very high paying one at that. MBA's, JD's, teachers, and PHD's in any field simply cannot make that claim. Well I suppose nurses can but not with the expectation of the sort of salary that doctors receive.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ajmanyjah

Bronze

Post by ajmanyjah » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:19 am

BruceWayne wrote:
porgie wrote:I don't know the answer to the OP's question, but sometimes, I wish I had just tried to attend med school instead of law school. The uncertainty of the job market is the main stressor in my life, not the workload. It must be nice to know while you're in med school that all of your hard work will eventually pay off, instead of hoping while you're in law school that you'll be able to eventually find a job.
If it makes you feel any better they are really in a class all to themselves. I cannot think of any other type of degree program where the graduates are guaranteed to get a job--a very high paying one at that. MBA's, JD's, teachers, and PHD's in any field simply cannot make that claim. Well I suppose nurses can but not with the expectation of the sort of salary that doctors receive.

They also have to try to pay off 200k+interest of debt while earning 50-60k for 3-7 years

hijodehombre

Bronze

Post by hijodehombre » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:46 am

ajmanyjah wrote:
BruceWayne wrote:

They also have to try to pay off 200k+interest of debt while earning 50-60k for 3-7 years
Sounds good to me right about now.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”