How easy to get an application fee waiver?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
crepesme

How easy to get an application fee waiver?

Postby crepesme » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:57 pm

I'm think whether to fill out the fee waiver application. Can anybody tell me whether the bar is high or not? And I mean the law school ones not the LSAC ones

trudat15

Re: How easy to get an application fee waiver?

Postby trudat15 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:59 pm

crepesme wrote:I'm think whether to fill out the fee waiver application. Can anybody tell me whether the bar is high or not?

If you are talking about LSAC, good luck. It's pretty hard and you have to be almost dead broke. I know because I am just slightly over dead broke and was rejected.

St.Remy

Postby St.Remy » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:02 pm

crepesme wrote:I'm think whether to fill out the fee waiver application. Can anybody tell me whether the bar is high or not? And I mean the law school ones not the LSAC ones

As far as I know there usually isn't a fee waver application process for law schools, you just send them an email request and they get back to you. As to the difficulty of getting a fee waver it really depends on the school.

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:05 pm

It helps to have competitive numbers. There's an article on TLS with just about everything you need to know about requesting waivers.

cartercl

Postby cartercl » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:06 pm

It's pretty easy. It's a numbers game. Send an email to every school on your list and you'll get some.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:38 pm

You are bound to get some, especially from safety schools. Include your name, GPA, LSAT, and LSAC account number in your emails, briefly explain why you want a fee waiver, and be polite. It is much less difficult to get an application fee waiver than an LSAT/LSAC fee waiver.

am588

Postby am588 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:56 pm

I just emailed the school saying it would be a financial burden, and within 12 hours I received a waiver. Haven't taken LSAT yet, and didn't include numbers...I was pretty surprised it was that easy

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”