Northwestern Accepting GMAT or LSAT.... Applicants Choice

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
stugots26

Re: Northwestern Accepting GMAT or LSAT.... Applicants Choice

Postby stugots26 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:48 pm

I called LSAC and they said that you can't use the credential assembly service without them sending your LSAT score over to Northwestern. Does saying on the application that you took the GMAT and want them to consider the GMAT score mean that they won't look at the LSAT score? My LSAT score is very disappointing, which is why I'm really focusing on the GMAT now, I think I'll do a lot better, given I've got a PhD in chemistry.

motiontodismiss

Postby motiontodismiss » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:00 pm

That's my plan B....2 more years WE, do well on the GMAT. The fact that there's a math section in the first place means I'll do better. The only thing that worries me is the computer based format. Do they allow scratch paper?

stugots26

Postby stugots26 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:07 pm

I've heard 6 sheets scrap paper, and I've also heard that there's some sort of stylus/electronic notepad system for scratch paper.

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:35 pm

stugots26 wrote:I've heard 6 sheets scrap paper, and I've also heard that there's some sort of stylus/electronic notepad system for scratch paper.

That is way off.

motiontodismiss wrote:That's my plan B....2 more years WE, do well on the GMAT. The fact that there's a math section in the first place means I'll do better. The only thing that worries me is the computer based format. Do they allow scratch paper?

The computer based format is very very different than the LSAT. If you are accustomed to jumping around from easy to hard problems you might have some adjusting to do. As far as scratch paper goes, you are give a laminated notebook with dry erase pens. You have something like 5 or 6 pages front and back, and can ask for an additional pad if you fill up the first one.

moonshine15

Postby moonshine15 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:24 pm

Does NU accept the GMAT for the regular JD as well? Or just the AJD?

Thanks.

Postby 03152016 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:33 pm

mega necro

http://www.law.northwestern.edu/admissions/applying/
they plainly list the requirements for each program on their website

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”