HUGE ERROR ON SUBMITTED APPS!!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
nfggcaar

HUGE ERROR ON SUBMITTED APPS!!

Postby nfggcaar » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:37 am

I just submitted a few apps. My degree-granting institution has many schools in its network. I mistakingly chose the wrong school because the names are so similar. Now I have a completed academic summary report with the wrong school info. I will contact LSAC tomorrow but what can they do? Has this happened to anyone before? Am I screwed?

St.Remy

Re: HUGE ERROR ON SUBMITTED APPS!!

Postby St.Remy » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:57 am

I'd imagine you can call the schools and have them put aside your app until the right forms can be substituted in. Needless to say this won't reflect well on you, but there's no reason to think that it will completely sink your cycle so long as you get on top of it right now. If you haven't even gone complete yet at the schools you sent apps to this should not be impossible to remedy.

If you didn't choose the right institution how did LSAC even put a GPA on your academic summary report? If a school gets a U.S. app with no GPA I imagine they consider it incomplete anyway and put it to the side.

Fark-o-vision

Postby Fark-o-vision » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:57 am

Never happened to me, but it is early. I wouldn't imagine this mistake has done anything other than slightly blemish your record to some adcoms. I believe the mistake itself should be fixable.

allison34363

Postby allison34363 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:14 pm

Not good! Auto-ding?

hijodehombre

Postby hijodehombre » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:15 pm

:shock:

KMaine

Postby KMaine » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:16 pm

Fark-o-vision wrote:slightly blemish your record to some adcoms