Question about Undergrad institutes Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
trudat15

Silver

Question about Undergrad institutes

Post by trudat15 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:55 pm

Under "UG Degree granting institutes"
I went to four schools - one where i got my degree, one where I transferred from, and two where I just took summer schools classes (a CC and UCLA).
I think I'm supposed to put them all in. Can anyone confirm? When I go to add the cc though, I cant find it anywhere in the list of schools they have...

Thanks

oshberg28

Bronze

Re: Question about Undergrad institutes

Post by oshberg28 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:59 pm

trudat15 wrote:Under "UG Degree granting institutes"
I went to four schools - one where i got my degree, one where I transferred from, and two where I just took summer schools classes (a CC and UCLA).
I think I'm supposed to put them all in. Can anyone confirm? When I go to add the cc though, I cant find it anywhere in the list of schools they have...

Thanks
Are you talking about inserting these schools into the Common Information Form? If so, I'm having trouble as well (I attended a 2 year college, transferred, and took summer courses at another). The LSAC folks seem to be just as clueless as me - they told me to insert my community college into the "other institutions" field....there isn't one. I can't add it into the "UG degree granting institution" because the list doesn't include 2 year colleges. But, I don't think the Common Information Form matters anyway (can anyone confirm?) - I think it's just there so that the applications draws info. from it (makes filling out your application easier).

trudat15

Silver

Re: Question about Undergrad institutes

Post by trudat15 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:01 pm

oshberg28 wrote:
trudat15 wrote:Under "UG Degree granting institutes"

Thanks
Are you talking about inserting these schools into the Common Information Form? If so, I'm having trouble as well (I attended a 2 year college, transferred, and took summer courses at another). The LSAC folks seem to be just as clueless as me - they told me to insert my community college into the "other institutions" field....there isn't one. I can't add it into the "UG degree granting institution" because the list doesn't include 2 year colleges. But, I don't think the Common Information Form matters anyway (can anyone confirm?) - I think it's just there so that the applications draws info. from it (makes filling out your application easier).
Yup, I'm talking about the CIF, which I hear is just what the other apps draw info from (and some have said it's more of a pain than a help anyways).

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”