Do I Have a Hidden Waiver?! A Pictorial Guide

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
forward
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:16 am

Re: Do I Have a Hidden Waiver?! A Step-by-Step Pictorial Guide

Postby forward » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:43 pm

I <3 Eskimo!

User avatar
Spinach Lover
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:20 am

Re: Do I Have a Hidden Waiver?! A Step-by-Step Pictorial Guide

Postby Spinach Lover » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:45 am

Aha, hidden fee waiver from Columbia.

adt231
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:51 pm

Re: Do I Have a Hidden Waiver?! A Step-by-Step Pictorial Guide

Postby adt231 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:26 pm

Spinach Lover wrote:Aha, hidden fee waiver from Columbia.


+1

User avatar
Kurt Cobain
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:43 pm

Re: Do I Have a Hidden Waiver?! A Step-by-Step Pictorial Guide

Postby Kurt Cobain » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:59 pm

Got one from FAMU.

Klogon
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:50 am

Re: Do I Have a Hidden Waiver?! A Step-by-Step Pictorial Guide

Postby Klogon » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:25 am

Wait, this isn't like some way to just get a "hidden waiver", right? You will find out if you have one eventually if you apply, right? So it's not really saving us any money =D

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Do I Have a Hidden Waiver?! A Step-by-Step Pictorial Guide

Postby Dany » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:28 am

Klogon wrote:Wait, this isn't like some way to just get a "hidden waiver", right? You will find out if you have one eventually if you apply, right? So it's not really saving us any money =D

okay.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Do I Have a Hidden Waiver?! A Step-by-Step Pictorial Guide

Postby 4102011 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:30 am

Klogon wrote:Wait, this isn't like some way to just get a "hidden waiver", right? You will find out if you have one eventually if you apply, right? So it's not really saving us any money =D


It's for the people who kept asking, constantly, "HOW DO I KNOW IF I HAVE A HIDDEN FEE WAIVER????" and clogging up the admissions forum.

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: Do I Have a Hidden Waiver?! A Step-by-Step Pictorial Guide

Postby JJDancer » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:23 pm

Klogon wrote:Wait, this isn't like some way to just get a "hidden waiver", right? You will find out if you have one eventually if you apply, right? So it's not really saving us any money =D


Checking for hidden waivers in advance might get you to apply somewhere you wouldn't normally spend $$ applying (a reach or a safety). :)

User avatar
Pleasye
Posts: 7963
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Do I Have a Hidden Waiver?! A Step-by-Step Pictorial Guide

Postby Pleasye » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:44 am

Klogon wrote:Wait, this isn't like some way to just get a "hidden waiver", right? You will find out if you have one eventually if you apply, right? So it's not really saving us any money =D

Who said it was saving you money? Wtf.

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Do I Have a Hidden Waiver?! A Step-by-Step Pictorial Guide

Postby Dany » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:59 am

LSpleaseee wrote:
Klogon wrote:Wait, this isn't like some way to just get a "hidden waiver", right? You will find out if you have one eventually if you apply, right? So it's not really saving us any money =D

Who said it was saving you money? Wtf.

I posted:

eskimo wrote:I may start charging a fee for using this thread: 5% of the money you saved after using this guide to find a hidden waiver.

Jk, but I'm glad you guys have found some good ones!


on the last page. Apparently someone decided to nitpick a clearly joking post? I dunno.

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: Do I Have a Hidden Waiver?! A Step-by-Step Pictorial Guide

Postby Bildungsroman » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:00 am

I for one would like a refund.

User avatar
Pleasye
Posts: 7963
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Do I Have a Hidden Waiver?! A Step-by-Step Pictorial Guide

Postby Pleasye » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:07 am

eskimo wrote:I posted:

eskimo wrote:I may start charging a fee for using this thread: 5% of the money you saved after using this guide to find a hidden waiver.

Jk, but I'm glad you guys have found some good ones!


on the last page. Apparently someone decided to nitpick a clearly joking post? I dunno.

Lulz.

leodown
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:25 am

Re: Do I Have a Hidden Waiver?! A Step-by-Step Pictorial Guide

Postby leodown » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:37 am

I got banned for trying to sell hookers.
-edited by beta-MF'ing-steve

gregthomas77
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:49 am

Re: Do I Have a Hidden Waiver?! A Step-by-Step Pictorial Guide

Postby gregthomas77 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:39 pm

This is awesome. I got "hidden" fee waivers from almost everywhere I wanted to apply to, including tons of schools I am not qualified for (Harvard, Duke, Northwestern, Carolina)

lsatextreme
Posts: 523
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:18 am

Re: Do I Have a Hidden Waiver?! A Step-by-Step Pictorial Guide

Postby lsatextreme » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:55 am

someone correct me if i'm wrong, and since i haven't seen it posted already, I don't think this process works anymore

first of all, in order for me to continue from an active application, i have to at least open the primary application once and then save without changes, then if it does continue, it gives me that screen that says there's errors on my application, but it only gives me the option to "Return to Application," not "Continue."

Basically I have to at least complete the primary application for me to see if there is a hidden waiver waiting for me

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Do I Have a Hidden Waiver?! A Step-by-Step Pictorial Guide

Postby Dany » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:13 am

lsatextreme wrote:someone correct me if i'm wrong, and since i haven't seen it posted already, I don't think this process works anymore

first of all, in order for me to continue from an active application, i have to at least open the primary application once and then save without changes, then if it does continue, it gives me that screen that says there's errors on my application, but it only gives me the option to "Return to Application," not "Continue."

Basically I have to at least complete the primary application for me to see if there is a hidden waiver waiting for me

Yes, you have to fill out the required blanks (they have a blue asterisk-star thing next to them.) That should take a max of 30 seconds.

lsatextreme
Posts: 523
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:18 am

Re: Do I Have a Hidden Waiver?! A Step-by-Step Pictorial Guide

Postby lsatextreme » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:41 am

oh right, yea haha my bad

serdog
Posts: 302
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:21 pm

Re: Do I Have a Hidden Waiver?! A Step-by-Step Pictorial Guide

Postby serdog » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:13 pm

Minnesota does hidden waivers FYI

Camron
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: Do I Have a Hidden Waiver?! A Step-by-Step Pictorial Guide

Postby Camron » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:39 am

Can I apply for 2012 cycle already on LSAC and use this method or is it only valid for 2011 cycle (I am also a Canadian resident, not sure if that changes anything)? I can't check LSAC website right now to confirm myself so hopefully someone can help me out. I was planning on putting my application in for Columbia and I guess Harvard if I can get a waiver :D.

Thanks OP.

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Do I Have a Hidden Waiver?! A Step-by-Step Pictorial Guide

Postby Dany » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:39 am

Camron wrote:Can I apply for 2012 cycle already on LSAC and use this method or is it only valid for 2011 cycle (I am also a Canadian resident, not sure if that changes anything)? I can't check LSAC website right now to confirm myself so hopefully someone can help me out. I was planning on putting my application in for Columbia and I guess Harvard if I can get a waiver :D.

Thanks OP.

Applications for the 2012 cycle are not up yet, and no fee waivers are out for next year, either. You'll have to wait until September.

serdog
Posts: 302
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:21 pm

Re: Do I Have a Hidden Waiver?! A Step-by-Step Pictorial Guide

Postby serdog » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:19 am

hidden waiver at Cornell

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Do I Have a Hidden Waiver?! A Step-by-Step Pictorial Guide

Postby JustE » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:33 pm

Wait... is there a different process with the new, "Flexible Application?" I seem to remember a different process last year...

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Do I Have a Hidden Waiver?! A Step-by-Step Pictorial Guide

Postby Dany » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:07 pm

egirarde wrote:Wait... is there a different process with the new, "Flexible Application?" I seem to remember a different process last year...

I have absolutely no idea, but if the site looks totally different it has probably changed.

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Do I Have a Hidden Waiver?! A Step-by-Step Pictorial Guide

Postby JustE » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:15 pm

Dany wrote:
egirarde wrote:Wait... is there a different process with the new, "Flexible Application?" I seem to remember a different process last year...

I have absolutely no idea, but if the site looks totally different it has probably changed.

Yeah... there's a new format... I don't think you can see if there's a waiver until you've completed the entire thing... #*&@

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15502
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: Do I Have a Hidden Waiver?! A Step-by-Step Pictorial Guide

Postby Tiago Splitter » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:58 pm

egirarde wrote:
Dany wrote:
egirarde wrote:Wait... is there a different process with the new, "Flexible Application?" I seem to remember a different process last year...

I have absolutely no idea, but if the site looks totally different it has probably changed.

Yeah... there's a new format... I don't think you can see if there's a waiver until you've completed the entire thing... #*&@


Which is exactly how it was. The process is the same folks.

Edit: Now you have to finish the app first before you can see if you have a waiver, but it's not as if you have to complete all of your addenda and why essays. You can literally attach anything in those sections and still check to see if you have a hidden waiver without sending the app.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests