(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
meno22

Postby meno22 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:40 pm

Last edited by meno22 on Thu May 12, 2011 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

WestOfTheRest

Re: Apply before or after retake?

Postby WestOfTheRest » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:45 pm

It won't make much of a difference. Your file won't go complete until they have your second score anyways. If you can have all your apps in order for when you get your score then you can do it after you retake. If you just want to get your apps out of the way do it now.

s0ph1e2007

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:46 pm

Apply first and indicate on the application that you're taking it again in oct.
It's very likely, you won't be rejected before then unless your PS is offensive or your GPA just too low to make up for any LSAT. Very few rejections go out even IN November anyways.
They will get it.

meno22 wrote:I've taken the LSAT previously, but I am taking it again in October; I believe I'll score 5+ points higher this 2nd time around.

As such, should I wait till I have my new score reported to submit apps? Or, for the sake of submitting as early as possible, should I apply before October and inform schools of my impending October retake?

Any thoughts on which course of action is best are much appreciated. Thanks.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:19 am

CastleRock wrote:It won't make much of a difference. Your file won't go complete until they have your second score anyways. If you can have all your apps in order for when you get your score then you can do it after you retake. If you just want to get your apps out of the way do it now.

+1

Every school I talked to said they wouldn't make a decision until my retake score came in.

s0ph1e2007

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:24 am

rad law wrote:
CastleRock wrote:It won't make much of a difference. Your file won't go complete until they have your second score anyways. If you can have all your apps in order for when you get your score then you can do it after you retake. If you just want to get your apps out of the way do it now.

+1

Every school I talked to said they wouldn't make a decision until my retake score came in.

even if your first score qualifies you?
so if I want to see if I can get in immediately, I should not tell them I'm retaking?

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:26 am

s0ph1e2007 wrote:
rad law wrote:

+1

even if your first score qualifies you?
so if I want to see if I can get in immediately, I should not tell them I'm retaking?

I bet they looked at my app though. I got into UF, UGA, and Emory about a week or two after my 2nd score was released.

Don't lie to them. If they have a box which asks you to list pending retakes, you better write that you have one. But I'm pretty sure they get the info from LSAC anyway.

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:50 am

I'm going to wait until after my retake. If I do as well as I hope to (or even half as well as I hope to), several of the schools will want an addendum explaining why.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”