Writing about law specialty in PS : yes or no

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
wjun15

Writing about law specialty in PS : yes or no

Postby wjun15 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:00 pm

So I have to send my PS to my professor who wants to see it along with my resume to write a LOR. On my current rough draft PS I wrote about how i was interested in health care law. However, I am not sure if I will have that in there by the time I send my apps out, as many of the schools I am applying to dont have strong health care law programs.

Would it be wise to leave the health care part when I send it to my professor? I dont want her to write that I am interested in health care law on my LOR and then have my final PS say Im actually interested in some other specialty...

Thanks!

JJDancer

Re: Writing about law specialty in PS : yes or no

Postby JJDancer » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:17 pm

Just send your LOR writer the PS as is but tell them that you are still exploring specialties/might tailor that part of your PS to different schools so if they can not emphasize that too much in their LOR...

2ofspades

Postby 2ofspades » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:22 pm

Also, your statement should be a genuine reflection of your thoughts. If you're not entirely sure what you want to specialize in yet - or if you're sure you're interested in health care law but don't want to discuss this on some of your applications - that's fine. Just write a statement that speaks more to who you are as a person than to what you want to do as a student and lawyer.

wjun15

Postby wjun15 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:25 pm

okay thanks a lot!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”