Can I use a HIGH SAT score to make a point to an ad comm?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Adjudicator

Re: Can I use a HIGH SAT score to make a point to an ad comm?

Postby Adjudicator » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:54 am

I did a free online IQ test and it said I have an IQ of 153.... so my question is, what size font should I use when I write that on my resume? Is 24pt big enough or should I go with the 36?

Postby 20160810 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:55 am

Adjudicator wrote:I did a free online IQ test and it said I have an IQ of 153.... so my question is, what size font should I use when I write that on my resume? Is 24pt big enough or should I go with the 36?

24pt is fine, but with a statistic that important what you're going to need to do is print out the resume, line the numbers with Elmer's Glue, and then cover them with red glitter.

Adjudicator

Postby Adjudicator » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:03 am

SBL wrote:
Adjudicator wrote:I did a free online IQ test and it said I have an IQ of 153.... so my question is, what size font should I use when I write that on my resume? Is 24pt big enough or should I go with the 36?

24pt is fine, but with a statistic that important what you're going to need to do is print out the resume, line the numbers with Elmer's Glue, and then cover them with red glitter.

Does it have to be red glitter? Because if not, I could customize each one with the colors of the school I'm applying to for extra points.

acrossthelake

Postby acrossthelake » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:20 am

Adjudicator wrote:
SBL wrote:

Does it have to be red glitter? Because if not, I could customize each one with the colors of the school I'm applying to for extra points.

Pink paper with perfume. Didn't you watch Legally Blonde? Jeesus.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:24 am

acrossthelake wrote:Pink paper with perfume. Didn't you watch Legally Blonde? Jeesus.

I just watched this tonight again. You can't knock on whatever tactic that's going to get you in Harvard.

porgie

Postby porgie » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:30 am

SBL wrote:The SAT is important, but law schools are generally more concerned with your PSAT, AP European History, and Learner's Permit Exam scores.

I would've been so fucked if the learner's permit exam had been used.....that question about dumping your animal on a California freeway was pretty fucking tricky!

re-applicant

Postby re-applicant » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:04 am

dude, what.

a 1410 isn't even that impressive, and its at the 96th percentile.

a 168 is the 96th percentile on the lsat.

if you're scoring in the mid-160's, even if anyone actually did care about a curriculum based test that you took when you were 17, i don't see how an sat score pretty similar to your lsat score makes a point.

schnoodle

Postby schnoodle » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:27 am

you people are all awful.

op- i got a 1410 sat, and was gainfully employed while studying for the LSAT. high 170s. no excuses. law schools (not to mention the "real world") don't like excuses. just bring the pain.

moopness

Postby moopness » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:00 am

If you have to study for the LSAT you fail. Just quit. Go home. Bake some cookies. Then eat them. Now remember that you are a failure. Good night.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”