Weak Resume? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
CardozoLaw09

Gold

Weak Resume?

Post by CardozoLaw09 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:57 pm

Last edited by CardozoLaw09 on Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Knock

Platinum

Re: Weak Resume?

Post by Knock » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:01 pm

CardozoLaw09 wrote:I know a resume is considered a 'soft' aspect of an application, however, I also know they can prove to be crucial when competition is relatively equal. How much would a weak resume hurt my application? Further, I don't have much work experience - only worked as a telemarketer for the Bank of America. My EC's are slim to none as well. The simple solution is to 'get involved,' I know.. and I'm trying to do that as much as possible this year by joining a club as well as the debate team...
Numbers, target schools?

How long did you work as a telemarketer for B of A? Also, don't get too involved, it isn't worth sacrificing even a little bit of your GPA or potential LSAT score.

If you have above median numbers it won't matter at all really. If you have below median numbers it becomes more important, although if you are significantly blow both it again doesn't matter. I should make a bell curve graph to illustrate this point.

I'd think your personal statement is probably more important than your resume.

Edit: Here you go, your welcome*.
Image, down for editing
*Excluding URMs, people who solve cancer/Aids, Nobel prize winners
Last edited by Knock on Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gdane

Diamond

Re: Weak Resume?

Post by gdane » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:15 pm

Why did you post a picture of the Hulks penis...

Cardozo,

Dont go too crazy with the resume. Get good numbers instead. Law schools expect some of their students to have no work experience since many apply straight from Undergraduate. If you want to beef up your resume a little do some volunteer work. Its a win win.

Good luck!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”