Submitting an addendum? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Neo

Bronze

Submitting an addendum?

Post by Neo » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:19 pm

Hey everyone,

I was wondering, if submitting an addendum about a history of low standardized testing, do I do that online? Or do I send a copy of it to the school itself? I know there is an area to attach "supplemental materials" on the LSAC application forms; however, how do I attach copies of my SAT and ACT scores? Or does the addendum get attached electronically and the copies of the tests get sent directly to the school?

Thanks for the help!

kalvano

Diamond

Re: Submitting an addendum?

Post by kalvano » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:24 pm

Write your addendum in Word and put the copies of your SAT / ACT scores in the Word document.

When you attach it via the LSAC service, it will convert the document to PDF-format that gets submitted with your application.

Do understand that such an addendum isn't likely to hold much weight.

Neo

Bronze

Post by Neo » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:34 pm

kalvano wrote:Write your addendum in Word and put the copies of your SAT / ACT scores in the Word document.

When you attach it via the LSAC service, it will convert the document to PDF-format that gets submitted with your application.

Do understand that such an addendum isn't likely to hold much weight.

Thanks for your response, I appreciate it. I do understand that the general consensus on here is that an addendum doesn't carry much weight; however, I spoke with an admissions officer at my top pick and after explaining the situation he told me to write an addendum. I figured since he said to include it, it certainly cannot hurt.

I do have another question, how would I go about putting the copies of my SAT/ACT scores in the word document? Should I scan them in...if that's the case, then what? I am not too great at operating a scanner/know what it can do so any detailed information would be great!

Also, will LSAC let me see the PDF to review it or no?

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:47 pm

You can scan them in as a picture file or a PDF file, then insert them into the Word document. Most scanners will ask you what you want to do. I'd save them as a high-quality JPG file, then just use the "insert" feature in Word.

Yes, you can review everything before you send it.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:51 pm

Bad at standardized testing? Practice a lot. Then retake. 1 or 2 more points on the LSAT will help you more than any addendum.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”