Northwestern ED: Sent in Early Decision form

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
CycleTank

Northwestern ED: Sent in Early Decision form

Postby CycleTank » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:54 pm

I sent in my Early Decision form via mail, signed, before the rest of my application, which I was planning to send electronically. Is this what I was supposed to do or am I supposed to send the whole application package via snail mail. The ED cert letter specifically says the application for admissions forms must be included when I send the ED letter, but this doesn't make any sense.

Eugenie Danglars

Re: Northwestern ED: Sent in Early Decision form

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:42 pm

From the Application Instructions:
You must sign and return the Early Decision Certification (Supplemental Application) with your Application for Admission directly to the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid. Your Early Decision Certification will not be transmitted by Credential Assembly Service. You will be notified of the Admissions Committee's decision by the end of December.

It would appear that you should snail mail the whole thing. I agree that this seems odd. When in doubt, call and ask!

Postby 09042014 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:45 pm

CycleTank wrote:I sent in my Early Decision form via mail, signed, before the rest of my application, which I was planning to send electronically. Is this what I was supposed to do or am I supposed to send the whole application package via snail mail. The ED cert letter specifically says the application for admissions forms must be included when I send the ED letter, but this doesn't make any sense.

Last year at least you applied online and sent the ED form in snail mail.

pixy1900

Postby pixy1900 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:30 pm

Bump... if you submit your whole app through lsac what does "You must sign and return the Early Decision Certification (Supplemental Application) with your Application for Admission directly to the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid. Your Early Decision Certification will not be transmitted by Credential Assembly Service. " mean?

If you snail mail it in, it will be sent without your Application for Admissions, right?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”