Grouping HYS and CCN together makes no sense

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
YSS

Grouping HYS and CCN together makes no sense

Postby YSS » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:09 pm

Is there one single objective standard (other than NYC big law) that places NYU in class with Chicago or Columbia? NYU is not even better than MVP when it comes to anything outside of NYC biglaw.

How can Stanford be considered peers with Harvard and Yale when it hasn't produced close to the quality of academics and judges that Harvard and Yale have? The truth is that Stanford is alot closer to Columbia when it comes to the prestige of its program than it to Harvard or Yale. Shoot Columbia even has 4x the amount of Supreme Court Justices than Stanford.

In reality there are substantial gaps between HY and S. As well as CC and N. Grouping them together is wrong because they are not all in the same class.

It goes:

HY

S

CC

NMVP

Knock

Re: Grouping HYS and CCN together makes no sense

Postby Knock » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:11 pm

Is there one single objective standard (other than NYC big law) that places NYU in class with Chicago or Columbia? NYU is not even better than MVP when it comes to anything outside of NYC biglaw.

How can Stanford be considered peers with Harvard and Yale when it hasn't produced close to the quality of academics and judges that Harvard and Yale have? The truth is that Stanford is alot closer to Columbia when it comes to the prestige of its program than it to Harvard or Yale.

In reality there are substantial gaps between HY and S. As well as CC and N. Grouping them together is wrong because they are not all in the same class.

It goes:

HY

S

CC

NMVP

Horrible anti-Stanford trolling. You do realize that there is a regionalism to schools? Like Stanford would probably top Harvard on the West Coast. Columbia also has a much, much larger class size than Stanford. There is also a definite element of East Coast and Ivy-League bias to the selection of Supreme Court justices...etc. etc. Anyways I'll let Kretzky and the other Stanford law students come in here and throw the big punches.
Last edited by Knock on Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Marionberry

Postby Marionberry » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:26 pm

Struck a nerve, knock? lol

But yeah, this post makes no sense. You want an objective standard for lumping Harvard, Stanford, and Yale together? How about exclusivity?

Knock

Postby Knock » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:28 pm

Marionberry wrote:Struck a nerve, knock? lol

But yeah, this post makes no sense. You want an objective standard for lumping Harvard, Stanford, and Yale together? How about exclusivity?

My one weakness, egregiously bad anti-Stanford trolling :cry:.

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:29 pm

isn't this the same dude who keeps getting his panties in a twist over HYS comparisons?
Last edited by beachbum on Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marionberry

Postby Marionberry » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:29 pm

If I was stanford, I would totally let you in.

It's really too bad I'm not Stanford. I would let me in, too.

2ofspades

Postby 2ofspades » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:30 pm

Marionberry wrote:But yeah, this post makes no sense.

If you want it to make sense, take a look through YSS' posts. YSS doesn't do much of anything but try to start arguments about T10 rankings. OP is a flame.

2ofspades

Postby 2ofspades » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:31 pm

beachbum wrote:isn't this the same dude who keeps getting his panties in a twist over HYS comparisons?

Beat me to it.

notanumber

Postby notanumber » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:31 pm

beachbum wrote:isn't this the same dude who keeps getting his panties in a twist over HYS comparisons?

This is the guy who did an "in at Yale out at Harvard FML" post awhile back. It's actually a pretty funny read. It's a shame that his most recent troll posts haven't been up to par.

Knock

Postby Knock » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:33 pm

Marionberry wrote:If I was stanford, I would totally let you in.

It's really too bad I'm not Stanford. I would let me in, too.

:lol:

Oops, guess I got trolled. I couldn't just let Stanford sit back and take that though :mrgreen:.

Marionberry

Postby Marionberry » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:33 pm

You're like me, we're good souls. Consequently, we are very easily trolled. :oops:

Knock

Postby Knock » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:34 pm

Marionberry wrote:You're like me, we're good souls. Consequently, we are very easily trolled. :oops:

You'd think after all the time i've spent on TLS I would have learned how to spot trolls by now :oops:.

d34d9823

Postby d34d9823 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:35 pm

--ImageRemoved--

Marionberry

Postby Marionberry » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:35 pm

It's not even that I can't spot them, I just can't resist the urge to engage the trolls.

--ImageRemoved--

moopness

Postby moopness » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:44 pm

you mean STTTanford?

Adjudicator

Postby Adjudicator » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:46 pm

moopness wrote:you mean STTTanford?

:lol:

BruceWayne

Postby BruceWayne » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:48 pm

[quote="YSS"]Is there one single objective standard (other than NYC big law) that places NYU in class with Chicago or Columbia? NYU is not even better than MVP when it comes to anything outside of NYC biglaw.

How can Stanford be considered peers with Harvard and Yale when it hasn't produced close to the quality of academics and judges that Harvard and Yale have? The truth is that Stanford is alot closer to Columbia when it comes to the prestige of its program than it to Harvard or Yale. Shoot Columbia even has 4x the amount of Supreme Court Justices than Stanford.

It goes:

HY

S

CC

NMVP[/quote]

He's joking but the bolded is true.

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:56 pm

WTF does a state school in the Midwest have in common with any of those other schools?

Richie Tenenbaum

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:04 pm

How is this post being jumped all over on? Is OP just a huge douche in other threads? I have people argue that it should really be SCCN before and I've had people argue that it should be MVPN before. Does combining the arguments make it just craaaazy?

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:19 pm

Richie Tenenbaum wrote:How is this post being jumped all over on? Is OP just a huge douche in other threads? I have people argue that it should really be SCCN before and I've had people argue that it should be MVPN before. Does combining the arguments make it just craaaazy?

Not really, the OP just sucks so we've stopped paying attention to what he has to say.

Knock

Postby Knock » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:21 pm

beachbum wrote:
Richie Tenenbaum wrote:How is this post being jumped all over on? Is OP just a huge douche in other threads? I have people argue that it should really be SCCN before and I've had people argue that it should be MVPN before. Does combining the arguments make it just craaaazy?

Not really, the OP just sucks so we've stopped paying attention to what he has to say.

Actually, I wish S went down a tier, so it would be easier to get into :P.

moopness

Postby moopness » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:23 pm

I am curious though, in what respects is NYU considered to be that much better than Cal aside from big law?

Doritos

Postby Doritos » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:25 pm

HYSCCV

2ofspades

Postby 2ofspades » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:27 pm

beachbum wrote:

+1

I have no problem addressing Renzo's opinions, however.

Renzo wrote:WTF does a state school in the Midwest South have in common with any of those other schools?

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:41 pm

2ofspades wrote:
beachbum wrote:

+1

I have no problem addressing Renzo's opinions, however.

Renzo wrote:WTF does a state school in the Midwest South have in common with any of those other schools?

Thomas Jefferson built that state school with his bare hands. Don't you love America? Are you some kind of Commie who doesn't appreciate the schools your founding fathers left for you?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”