Duke PT status?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
bofaem

Duke PT status?

Postby bofaem » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:51 pm

I went "decision made-watch for email" this morning

havent gotten an email yet? anyone get accepted? im worried this may be a deferred to regular

Knock

Re: Duke PT status?

Postby Knock » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:25 pm

bofaem wrote:I went "decision made-watch for email" this morning

havent gotten an email yet? anyone get accepted? im worried this may be a deferred to regular

Good luck. Let us know what happens! How long ago did you submit/go complete?

LegallyBlonde923

Postby LegallyBlonde923 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:25 am

I got accepted today, I applied priority track on Wednesday (sept 1). My status checker said the same as yours, then I got this email...

Dear Ms. xxxx:
I am pleased to inform you that you have been selected for admission to the Duke University School of Law. Your application was impressive and I sincerely hope you will elect to join the Duke Law Class of 2014.

after, it had info about scholarship packages.

I'm sure you'll get an email soon, when did you apply? if it was sept. 2nd i'm betting you'll get the email tomorrow.

best of luck!!
Last edited by LegallyBlonde923 on Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Knock

Postby Knock » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:26 am

LegallyBlonde923 wrote:I got accepted today, I applied priority track on Wednesday (sept 1). My status checker said the same as yours, then I got this email...

Dear Ms. xxxx:
I am pleased to inform you that you have been selected for admission to the Duke University School of Law. Your application was impressive and I sincerely hope you will elect to join the Duke Law Class of 2014.

best of luck!!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

first acceptance of the cycle?

Do you mind sharing your numbers?

LegallyBlonde923

Postby LegallyBlonde923 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:28 am

Knockglock wrote:
LegallyBlonde923 wrote:I got accepted today, I applied priority track on Wednesday (sept 1). My status checker said the same as yours, then I got this email...

Dear Ms. xxxx:

best of luck!!

yes! first acceptance I am so happy, I almost deleted the "welcome to duke" email because I thought it was just more information about the school haha... 170/3.78 :)

Knock

Postby Knock » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:31 am

LegallyBlonde923 wrote:
Knockglock wrote:

Dear Ms. xxxx:

best of luck!!

yes! first acceptance I am so happy, I almost deleted the "welcome to duke" email because I thought it was just more information about the school haha... 170/3.78 :)

Hope you're celebrating tonight :) You apply anywhere besides Duke yet? and what are your top choices?

LegallyBlonde923

Postby LegallyBlonde923 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:36 am

Knockglock wrote:
LegallyBlonde923 wrote:
Knockglock wrote:

Dear Ms. xxxx:

best of luck!!

Hope you're celebrating tonight :) You apply anywhere besides Duke yet? and what are your top choices?

Thanks knockglock! I celebrated so much I locked my keys in my apartment. My landlord is extra mad at me right now but I'm too excited to care. I applied Duke, NYU, Columbia, Cornell, Fordham, GW, Chicago, BU, and planning on Georgetown and Temple when they open up. Praying for NYU, even though I finally decided (after much deliberation) not to go ED.

Knock

Postby Knock » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:39 am

LegallyBlonde923 wrote:
Knockglock wrote:
LegallyBlonde923 wrote:
Knockglock wrote:Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks knockglock! I celebrated so much I locked my keys in my apartment. My landlord is extra mad at me right now but I'm too excited to care. I applied Duke, NYU, Columbia, Cornell, Fordham, GW, Chicago, BU, and planning on Georgetown and Temple when they open up. Praying for NYU, even though I finally decided (after much deliberation) not to go ED.

Haha, at least you went big with your celebration :mrgreen:. Hopefully this takes the pressure off you, at the very least you already got a solid acceptance to a great school! Good luck on NYU I think you have a good shot! And Congrats again on the huge honor of popping the seal for the 2010-11 cycle and class of 2014 :mrgreen:.

LegallyBlonde923

Postby LegallyBlonde923 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:43 am

Thanks so much!! It feels like a weight off my shoulders to say I definitely am going to law school. I hope this is foreshadowing of a quick and lucky cycle for everyone else on TLS as well.

Dany

Postby Dany » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:43 am

Did you write a "Why Duke?"

LegallyBlonde923

Postby LegallyBlonde923 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:45 am

eskimo wrote:Did you write a "Why Duke?"

I did submit a "why duke". it was very short/to the point, dealt with a super-specific program they offer that I am interested in.

Dany

Postby Dany » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:50 am

LegallyBlonde923 wrote:
eskimo wrote:Did you write a "Why Duke?"

I did submit a "why duke". it was very short/to the point, dealt with a super-specific program they offer that I am interested in.

Thanks!

lzyovrachievr

Postby lzyovrachievr » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:13 am

Well this makes me hopeful about my 170/3.77 app.

Now if I could only finish my PS! (And then maybe I'll join you.)

LegallyBlonde923

Postby LegallyBlonde923 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:33 am

lzyovrachievr wrote:Well this makes me hopeful about my 170/3.77 app.

We're practically numbers twins, I hope you get in too!

rundoxierun

Postby rundoxierun » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:36 am

So jealous... this slow administrator needs to email me the letter shes sending so I can finally apply!

zworykin

Postby zworykin » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:45 am

tkgrrett wrote:So jealous... this slow administrator needs to email me the letter shes sending so I can finally apply!

Aye, I'm waiting on two letters myself. Seeing either one of them arrive to LSAC will prompt me to finally finish my PS so I can start submitting...

Postby 4102011 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:48 am

I still need a professor to finish writing one, and then I get to freak out about it taking forever to get to LSAC. Ugh. LORs are definitely the worst part about this process..

saito816

Postby saito816 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:13 pm

I'm applying PT as well, but I wasn't sure if I should write a "why duke" essay if I already am sending a diversity statement. Does anyone think I would be better off doing both?

lzyovrachievr

Postby lzyovrachievr » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:57 pm

LegallyBlonde923 wrote:
lzyovrachievr wrote:Well this makes me hopeful about my 170/3.77 app.

We're practically numbers twins, I hope you get in too!

Thanks, twin! :D

archie&veronica

Postby archie&veronica » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:31 pm

I have the Duke PT but I am retaking the LSAT. I want to submit my app anyway since I have decent numbers for Duke. Does anyone have experience with receiving a decision within the 10 days even with a pending score? Do I need to email them asking to be considered despite my pending LSAT? I'm planning to call the admissions office this week and ask but if anyone has advice I'd appreciate it!
Last edited by archie&veronica on Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

worldwithoutend

Postby worldwithoutend » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:34 pm

archie&veronica wrote:I have the Duke PT but I am retaking the LSAT. I want to submit my app anyway since I have decent numbers for Duke (170, 3.95+). Does anyone have experience with receiving a decision within the 10 days even with a pending score? Do I need to email them asking to be considered despite my pending LSAT? I'm planning to call the admissions office this week and ask but if anyone has advice I'd appreciate it!

I did this last cycle. I got the acceptance before my retake.

wackyjack22

Postby wackyjack22 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:14 am

Accepted today via email. 6pm my time so 9pm at Duke. My heart skipped a few beats every time I got an email for the four hours between when I noticed my status had been changed to when the email finally came. Law school is happening!

pineappledazzler

Postby pineappledazzler » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:27 pm

possibly silly question from an applicant for next year's cycle - how do you know if you're priority track? Searched on Duke' website but couldn't find anything about it...

St.Remy

Postby St.Remy » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:29 pm

pineappledazzler wrote:possibly silly question from an applicant for next year's cycle - how do you know if you're priority track? Searched on Duke' website but couldn't find anything about it...

They email you.

Knock

Postby Knock » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:30 pm

pineappledazzler wrote:possibly silly question from an applicant for next year's cycle - how do you know if you're priority track? Searched on Duke' website but couldn't find anything about it...

They'll email you and invite you.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”